Welcome Yorkshirespud

Started by ianjpage, April 12, 2007, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianjpage

Welcome nick - make yerself at home

Jo

Titsy

Welcome to our small corner of the web...

Put your feet up and grab a beer...

EDGE

fook me... i was just thinkig is nick still alive !!!!!!!!

Rob

welcome to the forum.....

Roadkill

Hello, Mate . . . Welcome to the MKB Forums . . .

yorkshirespud

Ahah!!! Here I am fellas!!

I've only just dropped onto this site, now I know where you've all been hiding all this time! Loads of names on here I was wondering where you all are for ages. You've obviously all slipped off from the aacint site a while back, I've only started looking in on there recently after a long spell away, so I didn't know where you'd all gone.  I've also been on fullsizechevy.com and the thirdgen forums a lot more recently, as they seem a lot more useful with regard to the computer tuning, chip burning, emulation, wideband o2 sensors etc that I'll be doing next month after finishing the rebuild of the truck.

Hey Mike Edge!! You still got the truck? I see you've got the Mustang still as well. How's tricks mate??

Edit: You might have come across some rebuild pics already, but if not, check out:

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/diy-prom/410612-no-knock-sensor-1987-a.html\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/diy-prom/410612-no-knock-sensor-1987-a.html

Got the end of the thread, and there's some links to other threads with pics

Further Edit: Forgot this comedy pic too

http://www.aacint.com/forum/m_136303/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.aacint.com/forum/m_136303/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Roadkill

Good to have you, Mate.

Nice piccy's . . . . Try getting a motor out of a Camaro that easily

yorkshirespud

Quoting: Roadkill
Nice piccy's . . . . Try getting a motor out of a Camaro that easily

Heheh, it's a bit easier in a truck. This is by far the best pic for scale:

Me and Dr Frank used the traditional method and tools to remove the original engine, i.e. a strap, some chains, and a forklift

Roadkill

To get the gearbox out of the Camaro the engine needed pulling . . . . . which required the entire nose cone removing in order to get the crane close enough.

I've got a lifting beam in the garage now.

The Caddy will be easier.

EDGE

Quoting: yorkshirespud
Hey Mike Edge!! You still got the truck? I see you've got the Mustang still as well. How's tricks mate??

everythings good here matey, i sold the truck to a mate of mine who has since palmed ot off on some poor shmo.... it wa a lovely truck though, very cool...

Ive still got the mustang yeah, but since ive bought a house work on the car seems to have slowed down some... typical....

I'll be starting the meets up this way back up next moneth, would be great to see you there..

yorkshirespud

Quoting: EDGE
everythings good here matey, i sold the truck to a mate of mine who has since palmed ot off on some poor shmo.... it wa a lovely truck though, very cool...

Ive still got the mustang yeah, but since ive bought a house work on the car seems to have slowed down some... typical....

I'll be starting the meets up this way back up next moneth, would be great to see you there..

Yep, know what you mean, got to get into that house thing. I have bought a bolt-hole up in Yorkshire, but I plan to buy something down here (London) later this year.

Will definitely be at a meet soon, though I might have to bring the Jag until the truck is finished. Will want to pick your brains about tuning I've got the laptop ready with ALDL USB cable, Wideband 02, and Ostrich emulator. Does seem kind of funny, laptop and 3 USB cables in a 80's pickup

art b

welcome nick, is dr frank with ya .....he he he
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

EDGE

Ostrich emulator

that's the funniest thing i've read today

F Body

Welcome Mate

Me and Dr Frank used the traditional method and tools

and a broom handle if I'm not mistaken

yorkshirespud

Quoting: F Body
and a broom handle if I'm not mistaken

Yes, that'd be our best-quality hold-up-the transmission certified device

Roadkill

I've got a 2"x2" section of timber proping the back of the Camaro's motor up while the Tranny's being re-conned.

A good engineer sees uses in all things.

FUBAR

When we took the tranny out of Deans Camaro this time that was me & Titsy Sat in the car (Me Shotgun) with a rope going through the shifter hole holding it (and the bloody engine) up with knees & force!

Really should have got a piccy of that!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
When we took the tranny out of Deans Camaro this time that was me & Titsy Sat in the car (Me Shotgun) with a rope going through the shifter hole

Yup, It got worse when I lowered the car back on the ground . . . No room for stands.

Incursus

sixpack2639

Hiya Nick!! Good to have ya here mate!!