My new website... EDGEevents.co.uk

Started by EDGE, May 15, 2007, 06:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE

please could y'all take a look and let me know what you think.... also, if you can think of anything that should be on the main page (obvious when you look) please let me know...

the site is http://www.edgeevents.co.uk\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.edgeevents.co.uk

cheers

FUBAR

Quoting: EDGE
also, if you can think of anything that should be on the main page (obvious when you look) please let me know...

a link to MKB...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

It needs some colour

How about something bright and colourful like this ?

EDGE

Jamieg285

Pictures - good quality ones, possibly photoshop'ed to remove backgrounds/ add effects etc,  to give a proffessional look.  

Introduction text - what's the site for/about?

Go carefull with colour.  The black/grey scheme looks good. Adding more then 1 extra colour could ruin that (IMHO)

Roadkill

Definately looks a little dull (and this is from a guy who wears mainly black).

Also some PICCYS !

EDGE

Quoting: Jamieg285
Pictures - good quality ones, possibly photoshop'ed to remove backgrounds/ add effects etc,  to give a proffessional look.  

Introduction text - what's the site for/about?

Go carefull with colour.  The black/grey scheme looks good. Adding more then 1 extra colour could ruin that (IMHO)

im liking these ideas...

i know i'm going to put some pictures on the first page, with some intro text, just a case of what i guess....

i kinda like the grey theme as it makes the pictures stand out clearly, rather then having a white background.

Fieldy

I love the current text on the homepage!!

Quite like the grey and black IMO, easy on the eyes, but, you are famous for A bright orange car, any way of interpreting that into it?

The main page needs an intro into the role of the site for you....why you have done it, what you want to with it next

Kenny

The picture viewer is good, but the pictures must be realy high resolution because they take ages to load.  thats great, but the hugh pictures are squished down into a small box!

Either shrink the photo's so they load faster, or somehow make it so they are viewable full sized.

just a thought....

EDIT:  ok, this problem is only seen when looking on the tiny widescreen on my work laptop.  photo's look fine on the main monitor. looks like the Flash program resizes itself for the resolution of the screen, instead of allowing scroll bars...