1993 GMC TYPHOON - 59k miles - 11 Months MOT - 5 months Tax

Started by Finlay, May 16, 2007, 07:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunning Plan

Quoting: Finlay
Second post down :-)

I'll be taking some current ones when the sun comes out

Oh sorry, im at work using opera and it blocks images.. will have to switch to FF..
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

EDGE

Quoting: Finlay
EDGE HAS A REPLY

almost tempted...... almost.....

EDGE

Finlay

I can take payment on a credit card....or two

Think of all the Kitchen Cabinates that you could fit in the back of the practical Phoon

EDGE

that's a good point.... but i think if i had the phoon i couldn't have the cabinets, so i'd have to keep all my plates and glasses in the car.... how inconvenient !!!

and no way could i put anything on a card... it took me years to clear them when i was 20 and i vowed not to use them for big things ever again..... that also includes 30 lots of £100 transactions

Finlay

Well thats it ... Apart from a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0.... Im yankless for the forseable future

YAY a few months off from the spanners then...lol

Finlay

CJ-IROCZ

Finlay

Now to open my Exhaust Fabrication Workshop....

I'll keep you posted

ianjpage

nice going mate, if ya dont mind me asking how much £££ u get? ? ?

Exhaust workshop hey....hmmmm

Roadkill

Quoting: ianjpage
Exhaust workshop hey....hmmmm

Ditto - that's one thing I Haven't brought for the Camaro . . .

Fieldy

Quoting: Roadkill
Ditto - that's one thing I Haven't brought for the Camaro . . .

Thought you would've learnt from the Chavs'cort  

Roadkill

Nah - It's been so long since I've had an exhaust for the Maro - It's just become second nature not to have one . . .

Finlay

I took £4200 for it which means I lost around £250 in total.... on what I spent and what the Phoon cost in the first place.

What I have lost is Hours and Hours of my time fixing the damm thing

I might have a change in the future and buy an Oz car.  A nice UTE

ianjpage

Finlay

I tell you one thing its not the easiest car to sell.... And Lots of time wasters more than I have ever had with past car sales

ianjpage

Hmmm odd, spose its cos its not yer normal vehicle .....

HardRockCamaro

Losing £250 on a car is good going imho, especially when you've factored in what bits you've bought for it.

Try that with a Eurobox...

Plus you sold it quickly really (due to the price imho), some yanks sit around for months on end.

Finlay

Ive always moved them quick, and sold them at the right price for me at the time

Its not your normal Yank owner that come to buy the Typhoons....

Many of the people that phoned were used to Jap and Euro cars (a of 911 and a couple of BMW M3 owners) one guy came over and just slated Typhoons and Syclones for 20 mins....Saying he had seen 5 so far and all were crap.... I suggested he went to have a look at the 1993 No 2200 Typhoon in the states...(Its in GM's lockup and has never been sold)

The guy that did buy it knew what GMC build quality was like..lol

Im happy to sell it so quick as I was expecting the long haul with this one. And them pound notes sure look good