something for Martyn to aim for?

Started by philoldsmobile, June 06, 2007, 01:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Oh Mummy and it's a 1999 model as well

Still although the LS7 can be had for $17k the transmission and axle etc bump the price up way too high

But it would make an excellent sleeper in my Z28

Pod

"I couldn't care less what you do. Do whatever you want. If it breaks, we'll build another one,"

F Body

Keep looking at this

"The LS7 is part number 17802397 and will literally drop into the engine compartment of any 1982-2002 Camaro — or for that matter, any small-block-powered Camaro back to 1967. You can even use the same motor mounts."

Trouble is this :

"A T-56 Tremec transmission with a Hurst shifter setup takes the power to a new Strange S-60 rear end"

Is gona cost along with some decent brakes

Roadkill

A tremec box will cost you around $2500 . . . Hurst shifter around $180 . . .

As for the axle Spohn do packages around $2300 I believe . . . .

Not bad at all.

Roadkill

Throw in $450 for a uprated driveshaft and you're there !

Worry about brakes after.

Big Mouse

Hmmm , remember our conversation about putting a "stock" camaro into Street eliminator and wondering how it would do Phil? This one would work pretty well as it is  - but lets think about adding a Procharger and drag radials too

Instant 10 second car

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
Keep looking at this  

"The LS7 is part number 17802397 and will literally drop into the engine compartment of any 1982-2002 Camaro — or for that matter, any small-block-powered Camaro back to 1967. You can even use the same motor mounts."

the LS1

Fieldy

sixpack2639

GMPP have built some awesome cars in the past but this one defo beats em all!!!

I've been wondering how long it would be before someone would drop a Z06 motor into something with some class.

Corvette's up until 1973 were sharp cars IMO.

After that they look like door stops.

If I want a wedge, i'll buy a TR7.

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Big Mouse
Hmmm , remember our conversation about putting a "stock" camaro into Street eliminator and wondering how it would do Phil? This one would work pretty well as it is - but lets think about adding a Procharger and drag radials too

Instant 10 second car

i like the way you think....  

no reason on earth why you couldn't add a squirt of gas, and still have a car that could drive to and from every race with no stress at all

forget the huge transporters and caravans, just a pup tent, a crate of beer and a sleeping bag...

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
i like the way you think...

" I have a dream "

As I said it would make a great sleeper, 18" wheels but made to the same style as the originals and much bigger brakes, but black anodised so they don't stand out

Trouble is doing the numbers just doesn't add up, it'd be cheaper just to buy a Z06 Vette

philoldsmobile

but then you look like.......

A) a haridresser...

B) someone who couldn't afford a Ferrari

F Body

Quoting: philoldsmobile
but then you look like.......

A) a haridresser...

B) someone who couldn't afford a Ferrari

A/ Not with my hair cuts

b/ If I learnt to drive properly I could whip there ass round the ring

Really don't have a problem with Vette's I'd more than happy with a new Z06 when you win the lottery please