Parlez-Vous Hot Rod ?

Started by F Body, July 18, 2007, 07:48:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Not really being hardcore enough I've never really understood all the terms used.

Help is now at hand

A-Bone: Model A Ford; also, a-gift for a-dog

Bored: Frequent complaint of wife/girlfriend at car show

Blower: Lawn maintenance device, frequently used by hot rodders trying to earn extra money to pay for expensive supercharger

Channel: What to change if 'American Hot Rod' comes on

Dago axle: short for "San Diego axle," heat-bent in order to lower a car. Note: avoid using around hot rodders of Italian descent. E.g., "Nice Dago axle, you greasy wop."

Deuce: Hot rod slang for 1932 Ford. Also, bathroom slang for "number two."

Flathead: Common garage injury caused by $3.95 Harbor Freight jackstands

Four-Banger: Technique used by wife/girlfriend to lure you out of garage

Frenching: Prelude to a four-banger. Example: "He frenched her headlights."

Gasser: Exhaust fumes from a Burrito Supreme. Example: "Don't blame me, that was Shifty's Gasser."

Hiboy: Car show greeting used by female admiring your bitchin' hot rod

Jigglers: What you admire about this female

Jugs: see "Jigglers"

Juicers: see "Jugs"

Lowboy: You, after wife/girfriend brains you with the car jack for admiring those juicy jiggler jugs

Mill: What car show crowd does while wife/girlfriend continues thrashing you with the car jack

Nerf: What you wish your wife/girlfriend's car jack was made out of

Ported: Opposite of imported

Quick Change: What your underwear needs after driving the Chavscort

Rat Rod: car carefully assembled using traditional 1950s techniques such as tack welds, carpentry nails, hot glue, zip ties, velcro, smeared feces, and midnight demolition derbys at B&Q.
Also, what non-hot rodders will call your car. Examples: "Is that a rat rod?" and "Cool rat rod!"

Relieved: How Shifty felt after getting rid of that gasser

Section: What wife/girlfriend will do to you if she sees all those parts receipts

Shoebox: Where to hide parts receipts from wife/girlfriend

Split Wishbones: Method for deciding who pays the bill

Stroke: What wife/girlfriend has after finding your parts receipt shoebox

Suicide perch: probably a good option if wife/girlfriend find the receipts

Three pot: three carburetor intake; also, deluxe Tennessee outhouse

Toploader: Manual transmission with shift rails located on top. Also refers to a toilet. Examples: "Shifty dropped a toploader into the deuce." Or, "He dropped a deuce into the toploader."

Tuck and Roll: Emergency safety procedure after igniting you hair with acetylene torch

X Member: Guy who can't pay his car club dues

Z'ing: Sleeping. Example: "after she found his parts receipts, he ended up z'ing in the back seat of his rat rod."

Jamieg285

Incursus

Cunning Plan

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Banjo

ianjpage

Roadkill

Where did that come from ?

Titsy

Quoting: F Body
Deuce: Hot rod slang for 1932 Ford. Also, bathroom slang for "number t

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
Where did that come from ?

http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2007/07/parlez-vous-hot.html\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2007/07/parlez-vous-hot.html

I'm trying to go Hardcore but i just don't think I've got it, think I like :shiney:  too much LOL

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
I'm trying to go Hardcore

No chance, mate . . I don't see you in a filthy rat (rod).

Also on that link . . . http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2007/07/uk-warning-look.html\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://iowahawk.typepad.com/iowahawk/2007/07/uk-warning-look.html

Incursus

Quoting: Roadkill
Also on that link . . .

"After diversity awareness, our paramount goal is public safety," added Jameson. "As we saw recently in Glasgow, if a well-meaning but untrained citizen steps in and tries to stop a diverse person of activity by kicking him or her in the testicles, he or she could suffer a painful tendon injury."

Roadkill

I liked the :

Nigel Brunton, a spokesman for the British Society of Diverse People Doing Various Things, said his organization was "cooperating fully" with police, but said he felt it unfair that it was being singled out.

"In every group there's bound to be a few bad apples," said Brunton. "Or some sort of pomaceous fruit of some kind."

Sounds like