Chrysler BBQ Dog !

Started by F Body, July 20, 2007, 01:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Must have seemed like a good idea at the time to the suits in the Marketing Dept

Jason Vines, Vice President Communications, for the Chrysler Group said last night :
"Chrysler Group was dismayed to discover today that an advertisement created by an ad agency supporting our Netherlands Market Performance Center goes far beyond the bounds of what the company considers appropriate.
The advertisement for the new Dodge Nitro, recently introduced into the market, which includes fictional yet inappropriate treatment of an animal, is in extremely bad taste...

http://jalopnik.com/cars/ad-watch/dodge-nitro-kills-dog-makes-us-cry-a-little-280059.php\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://jalopnik.com/cars/ad-watch/dodge-nitro-kills-dog-makes-us-cry-a-little-280059.php

philoldsmobile

thats a really crap advert, too  

EDGE

so... lets walk that though...

the YTS (young, thick and stupid) lad has an idea for an advert, he tells his boss....

the boss passes the idea off as his own (usual case)

the marketing board agrees to the concept

the film is produced

the marketing board sign it off as good

the directors see it and say its fine

the advertising commision passes it

for all the red tape and stages no one had the sense to say... hang on a sec lads..... this is an utterly shiezen advert !!!!!!!

Roadkill

Uh-huh . . . yeah . . . How did they think that'd work ?

Jamieg285

Quoting: Roadkill
How did they think that'd work ?

Well it clearly has.

It obvious that it would never be a properly broadcast advert - no way would it have gone through the step Edge quotes.

This has been designed to be released on the internet, for people to discuss how 'bad' it is, blah, blah - All the time getting people talking about the car and brand.

Jamieg285

EDGE

Quoting: Jamieg285
It obvious that it would never be a properly broadcast advert - no way would it have gone through the step Edge quotes.

i dunno dude... there have been some TRAGIC adverts in the past few years...  

"they're gonna taste greeeaaat"

Jamieg285

Quoting: EDGE
i dunno dude... there have been some TRAGIC adverts in the past few years...

"they're gonna taste greeeaaat"

Again, I think objective achieved.  Truely awful, but it gets people talking about the product.

Plus, there's a difference between a bad advert, and a bad taste advert.

Roadkill

<sigh>

You do have a point . . . Any publicity is good publicity, they say, after all . . .

EDGE

nope.... i refuse to buy frosties now...

like i refuse to buy insurance from elephant or confuse............ dot com... assholes..

i refuse to give them ANY money as a portion of it will go towards making more sh1te adverts...

Fieldy

I agree edge.....Don't forget Barry and his Cillet bloudy bang!!

EDGE

i f*****g hate that guy !!!

EDGE

dont you just wanna spray cillit BANG in his eyes !!!!

"BANG... AND THE C**T IS GONE !!!!"