Classics On The Green.

Started by F Body, July 30, 2007, 08:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

If you missed last weeks event this one is bigger and free

Classics On the Green , Croxley Green , Rickmansworth.

Wednesday 1st August 2007 3pm till late.

Directions : Five minutes from M25 Junction 18 and turn left towards Croxley Green.

Anyone else going

Motorama

Usually have a look in as its local.

F Body

Quoting: Motorama
Usually have a look in as its local.

I'll remember this time

20ft long and yellow

Motorama

Might take the truck just to fool you

F Body

Quoting: F Body
Anyone else going

Billy No Mates

Roadkill

Got a meeting in Southampton Wednesday pm . . not sure what time I'll be able to get back . . . . .

Incursus

Still sorting out the new digs

Motorama

Stop making excuses you lot , its gonna be nice weather, what better excuse do you need to get your cars out

Roadkill

I'll see what time I get back from Southampton but can't justify the fuel costs if I'm going on my own . . . Don't mind if a few wanna catcha ride but that's probably effectively a £60-£70 trip in the Caddy . . .

Motorama

Quoting: Roadkill
but that's probably effectively a £60-£70 trip in the Caddy

To Watford! You need to rebuild your carb again

Roadkill

Yeah . . .

But I said "effectively" ie I'll put £40 in when I set off but (as I've got no fuel gauge) will then put another £20-£30 before coming home to be safe.

Roadkill

It's about 45 miles . . . not as much as I'd first thought.

I'll ask the others - see If I can share the fuel costs . . . . .

Motorama

I've got no fuel gauge

Ditto

F Body

Stop making excuses you lot , its gonna be nice weather, what better excuse do you need to get your cars out

Well said that man, me thinks I'll make the most of the weather and get the T Tops off

Roadkill

I'll point out at this stage that I don't need good weather to haul the Caddy out.

She's been through rain and ice & snow without fault . . . .

Motorama

I'll point out at this stage that I don't need good weather to haul the Caddy out.

She's been through rain and ice & snow without fault . . . .

Yeah but on this trip she'll cross the border into Hertforshire. Better check your passport

Giblets

Tempting but a bit of a drive for me.

Not sure it's bigger than the Harpenden event though as that markets itself as the biggest weekday evening car show in the country!

Roadkill

Yeah but on this trip she'll cross the border into Hertforshire. Better check your passport

The trip in ice and snow was to Northamptonshire of all places . . . In february . . . with no heating . . . .

Motorama

Been there a few times.

Forunately i have music and heat in the 56, never had both in an old car before

F Body

Update :

Classics on the Green 6 Wednesday 1st August 2007.

This show will be held on the Green, Croxley Green, Nr Watford Herts from 3pm till late.

" A CAMERA CREW FOR ITV 4 WILL BE FILMING AT THIS EVENT !!!!!!!!! "

IF YOU ARE READING THIS PRIOR TO THE EVENT DUE TO ROAD RESURFACING PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE WILL BE A DIVERSION ENTERING CROXLEY GREEN FROM THE WATFORD SIDE AND THEREFORE YOU WILL BE DIRECTED UP BALDWINS LANE THEN LEFT ONTO THE GREEN BUT IN CONJUNCTION WITH HERTS HIGHWAYS WE WILL BE CLEARLY GIVING DIRECTIONS

Last year over 1800 vehicles attended this event which has been by far the most successful form of car show we have ever run and is not to be missed.
Like all our events this will be open to all types of interesting vehicles from Classic Cars to Custom Cars, Kit Cars to Super Cars, Vintage Cars, Bikes Comercial Vehicles and Steam Engines.
Last year we could say we had over 100 years of motoring with a 1903 James and Browne right up to a new model Ferrari. This event is for all types of Petrol Heads as the atmosphere is super with picnics at the back of most cars on the Green and everyone having a great time.

All we ask of you when you turn up is a donation of £2.00 towards Cancer and Leukaemia Research our chosen charities this year.

As space is always tight make sure you get there early you will have a great time and meet many old friends.

This event is run by Watford and District Classic Vehicle Trust Ltd the charity side of the car club licence number 1087621.

http://www.watfordclassics.co.uk/index.php?page=home\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.watfordclassics.co.uk/index.php?page=home

Motorama

Best have a shave and put clean boxers on then

Roadkill

I'll wipe the bird sh!t of the wind screen . . . . . . . . . maybe . . . . . . if I remember . . . .

F Body

This event is for all types of Petrol Heads as the atmosphere is super with picnics at the back of most cars

Just sorting out my picnic now

Gonna take one can of chilled beer as well

and put clean boxers on then

Well hopefully we won't be seeing them

Motorama

Gonna take one can of chilled beer as well

At Harpenden the Police were stopping people drinking beer or wine with their picnics

F Body

At Harpenden the Police were stopping people drinking beer or wine

Fascists

Well we do have a drink drive limit and after one can of Boddingtons I doubt I'll be anywhere near it