Project Cossie Rod

Started by Rob, August 16, 2007, 01:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Donor car purchased for £375.00...Pick up on Sunday

2.9 24V Cosworth Scorpio.

4 months tax
9 months MOT

Intension is to drive it till MOT is up and gradually get parts together.

Plan will be to use engine, box and all running gear bolted to new chassis with fibreglass body.....!

F Body

Quoting: Rob
Plan will be to use engine, box and all running gear bolted to new chassis with fibreglass body.....!

Any ideas on the Body Type

Jamieg285

ianjpage

Roadkill

Donor car purchased for £375.00

That's a bloody good price for a Cossie !

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body

Model A, High-Boy 4 teh win !!!111

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill

Suppose it depends on what the mileage is

Rob

Suppose it depends on what the mileage is

Quite fancy a 32 sedan.......Haven't really decided yet.

Rob

Quoting: Roadkill

Numpty auctioned it under Ford parts not cars....then wondered why nobody bid on it.

F Body

Aint' bad

Numpty auctioned it

Numpties for the win

Roadkill

Ah, mis-catagoried auctions . . . don't you just love 'em.

Rob

Well.....What was supposed to be a 24V turned out to be only a 12V.

The guy didn't have a clue.

Despite this I still bought it. Knocked him down a bit more and got it for £300.  Not what I wanted but still a good price.  Its in very good condition and has had quite a bit spent on it. Got all MOT's from new and recent history.  Will probably sell it again and keep a look out for a Cossie though.  Any takers....?

EDGE

F Body

What was supposed to be a 24V turned out to be only a 12V.

The guy didn't have a clue.

Well you say he was a Numpty

£300 seems like a bargin if it's sound

Rob

Any takers....?

OK.....Have cleaned it up, New Mats and sunroof motor to fit.  Tax end October and MOT April 2008. 130K miles.

Yours for what it owes me, £400 quid.....ono

Must sell this weekend as another car arriving on Monday.  Will be taking it to Granny/Scorpio show on Sunday at Billing with £600.00 in the window if no takers.

55starchief

Rob

Quoting: 55starchief
You still got this rob?

Yep.....Just bought another donor for £150.00 so need it out the way.  Have replaced sunroof motor and fitted CD changer so Ultima package is complete again.....

Rob

Magantectastic.............

Yep....Oil and coolant change today.  Was planning on Trans fluid+filter too but unable to track down a new filter.  Evans Halshaw Parts department at Kingston reckon they've never been asked for one before.

55starchief

I changed the engine coolant sensor and now i have picked up 2 mpg as the ECM now knows that the engine isnt permanently cold so tries to run ubber rich

philoldsmobile

Magantectastic.............

Yep....Oil and coolant change today. Was planning on Trans fluid+filter too but unable to track down a new filter. Evans Halshaw Parts department at Kingston reckon they've never been asked for one before

thats not unusual... Mercedes - Benz for example don't even provide a trans dipstick, and don't specify any milage to change the fluid, stating the gearbox does not need any maintainance, and given Mercedes reputation for interstellar mileages, they obviously know what they are on about, plus i doubt they fill the box with crap to start with..

oh, Magnatec FTW! i swear by it!

FUBAR

Quoting: philoldsmobile
Mercedes reputation for interstellar mileages

Was a sorry looking A-Class being towed away by an AA man from behind work today... owners didn't look impressed.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

philoldsmobile

A-class SUCK!!!

not a real mercedes, not by a long shot

Shifty

Magnatec FTW!

Amen Brother, only stuff i use in the Goude.

Better than shell.

F Body

Quoting: Shifty
Magnatec FTW!

Amen Brother, only stuff i use in the Goude.

Better than shell.

Except it ain't called Magnatec any more

I bought a five litre can a few weeks ago and the can is now gold, has changed it's name ( can't remember what too ? ) and it's gone up £4

F Body

Just had a look on the Castrol Uk Web site

How I could have forgotten the name is beyond me when it's now called ....

wait for it................

wait..........

" EDGE "

Yes really !

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9014060&contentId=7027059\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9014060&contentId=7027059