Main Menu

Project Monster BBQ

Started by 55starchief, January 18, 2006, 12:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
Spray paint never goes well on ally - never "sticks" very well . . . . I'd already thought of that.

If its gonna be sprayed it needs doing profesionally guys, this is a flagship item for the MKB. it shows what we are capable of doing and achieving. If we start cutting corners it will look shite

Roadkill

The budget is my only concern, there . . . .

FUBAR

Quoting: 55starchief
If its gonna be sprayed it needs doing profesionally guys, this is a flagship item for the MKB. it shows what we are capable of doing and achieving. If we start cutting corners it will look shite

I agree, this thing is going to get attention, lets make sure its gets attention for the right reasons.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

FUBAR

Ditto

I know that may seem a bit contradoctory to the post above but I think it works...

55starchief

has anyone actually priced diamond plate ?

Jamieg285

Does it have to be ally side plates? Could we use steel (thin).

55starchief

ok

quick call to the steel yard and prices are as follows

3mm steel diamond plate 2m x 1m £28+VAT

2mm Ali Diamond plate 2m x 1m £78+VAT

FUBAR

3mm steel diamond plate 2m x 1m £28+VAT

2mm Ali Diamond plate 2m x 1m £78+VAT

woah!

So I assume the 6mm for the flooring etc is going to cost more...

FUBAR

Anyone wlse thinking that Building the Floors of the storage lockers & even the walk-on section out of wood might be a Better (Cheaper) idea...

55starchief

Just spoke to richard at the bodyshop, if we went with a solid colour to paint the trailer we would be looking £100-150 cash if we went with a metalic a little more

55starchief

Quoting: FUBAR
Anyone wlse thinking that Building the Floors of the storage lockers out of wood might be a Better (Cheaper) idea...

we could use the 3mm steel plate mate, or some mild steel sheet

FUBAR

Just spoke to richard at the bodyshop, if we went with a solid colour to paint the trailer we would be looking £100-150 cash if we went with a metalic a little more

So basically that works out about £200 cheaper than even just the 2mm Aly Checker Plate...

55starchief

So basically that works out about £200 cheaper than even just the 2mm Aly Checker Plate...

About that mate, no one said it was gonna be cheap to build but it will last for years and we could even rent it out if we needed to make some money back

Roadkill

O.K.

I'm picking up the checker plate from site this weekend.

It's 2m x 1m x 6mm sheets . . costs us £90 per sheet.

If we can sort it straight away <wink> <wink> no one needs to know how much was collected.

<wink> <wink>

ie. this would have to be done SATURDAY NIGHT.

Roadkill

I was thinking 2mm O/P checker Ally and 1.2mm Plain Steal for the sides.

FUBAR

About that mate, no one said it was gonna be cheap to build but it will last for years and we could even rent it out if we needed to make some money back

Oh yeah I appreciate that, i've no objections to whats involved in putting this thing together, I'm just thinking that a wooden floor in the storage areas, something like that Block board stuff? properly sealed up underneath would be just as effective as a steel floor. The old Caravan floor lasted ok.

FUBAR

If we can sort it straight away <wink> <wink> no one needs to know how much was collected.

<wink> <wink>

That would also work...

art b

thb, ya could get some ply for the flooring,and some decking for the walked on part and the A frame front,
we have a salvage yard in town full of left over wood from projects,
if ya not carefull,costs will run riot,
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

55starchief

Just ordered the smoke stacks in s/steel should be ready end of the week. only down side they cost £50 but will look awesome all polished up

Roadkill

Graeme - The sizes you gave me will amount to THREE 2m x 1m Sheets . . . .

Are the first two (75 1/4" x 26 1/2" & 75 1/4" x 34") the 6mm thick ones or are they all 6mm thick ???

55starchief

Are the first two (75 1/4" x 26 1/2" & 75 1/4" x 34") the 6mm thick ones or are they all 6mm thick ???

was gonna go all 6mm mate as these are the tops to the end storage bins and i think it might look odd if the size droiped down.

Roadkill

Fair enough - just so's I know . . . . . .

FUBAR

Don't we need another piece for the Triangle in the front ?  or are we putting something else there?

Roadkill

Don't we need another piece for the Triangle in the front ? or are we putting something else there?

Oh, I think Graeme said something about Mesh ???

FUBAR

Oh, I think Graeme said something about Mesh ???

Mesh cut into a triangle will have sharp points though won't it...
Just a injury concern is all, especially with Kids about.