Main Menu

Project Monster BBQ

Started by 55starchief, January 18, 2006, 12:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Quoting: incursus
So long as it cooks a decent burger and doesn't fall apart on the motorway its all fine by me

I have this mental vision of you dressed up in a white apron & hat trying to cook a burger as PhilO id blasting up the M1

55starchief

Dean, front piece needs to be 33" x 30" we will need to cut the angle when fitted

Roadkill

Noted.

IF that's correct - That'll use 3 Sheets in total - with little waste.

(metric) dimensions I've got.  (Feel free to check them)

Sheet 1

1911 x 673

Sheet 2

1911 x 864

Sheet 3

870 x 533 +
870 x 514 +
838 x 762

philoldsmobile

Quoting: F Body

I have this mental vision of you dressed up in a white apron & hat trying to cook a burger as PhilO id blasting up the M1

dunno about the M1, but in the light parade, that is quite liekly to happen!

FUBAR

Just watch the speed bumps... we don't want flying coals now do we!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Incursus

Quoting: F Body

More than just a white apron & hat I hope

Roadkill

Quoting: Roadkill

(metric) dimensions I've got. (Feel free to check them)

Sheet 1

1911 x 673

Sheet 2

1911 x 864

Sheet 3

870 x 533 +
870 x 514 +
838 x 762

Graeme - Have you double-checked this ?

We ain't gonna have a second chance, here.

55starchief

(metric) dimensions I've got. (Feel free to check them)

Sheet 1

1911 x 673

Sheet 2

1911 x 864

Sheet 3

870 x 533 +
870 x 514 +
838 x 762

Graeme - Have you double-checked this ?

Er i cant find the piece of paper with the imperial sizes on mate

FUBAR

Quoting: 55starchief

They are back in this thread somewhere...

Roadkill

FUBAR

Do you want me to bring that Tin of POR15 I have tomorrow??  Its unlikely i'm going to use it & then you lot can embarrass me by getting the Lid off right away!

55starchief

Quoting: FUBAR
Do you want me to bring that Tin of POR15 I have tomorrow?? Its unlikely i'm going to use it & then you lot can embarrass me by getting the Lid off right away!

I would mate, i thought i had some but looks like it set like rock, do you have any of the thiners for it? as you would be better spraying it than brushing it

FUBAR

I would mate, i thought i had some but looks like it set like rock, do you have any of the thiners for it? as you would be better spraying it than brushing it

Nope, just a tin (Quart?) of the stuff.  It does set like that though, they even tell you to put a layer of clingfilm under the lid seal if you're re-closing the tin otherwise it locks the lid on (Mine was never opened)

55starchief

Quoting: FUBAR

Nope, just a tin (Quart?) of the stuff. It does set like that though, they even tell you to put a layer of clingfilm under the lid seal if you're re-closing the tin otherwise it locks the lid on (Mine was never opened)

will drop by the body shop and see if they have any of the thinners left

Incursus

Incursus

philoldsmobile

art b

those pieces of "ally plate " look great on there,
lets get it finished soon hmmmmmm  rack of lamb!
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

philoldsmobile

lamb s a baaaaaaaaagin at costco mate!

55starchief

Philo, you gonna need to cut a 3" hole in the flanges otherwise they cant be welded and we cant weld them as they need to be TIG'd

philoldsmobile

not a problem mate, i had already accounted for that..

i think its going to be best to keep the flanges flat, and simply ressign the tank to suit - its goint to be much easier to keep them squair doing that, rather than rolling the flange.

i can flame cut the hole no problem, or CNC punch the whole thing..

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile
i think its going to be best to keep the flanges flat, and simply ressign the tank to suit - its goint to be much easier to keep them squair doing that, rather than rolling the flange.

What yuou thinking mate, grind the tank flange square? i think thats a posability seeing as the curve isnt to great

philoldsmobile

yup, means we can weld the pipe keeping it paralelle to the bench. doing it against the curve is likely to end up with the pipes not verticle..

there isn't much curve on the mounting at all, so it will only need a little touch with the grinder..

philoldsmobile

the flanvge will be 1.2 or 2mm stainless, depending on what we have offcuts of to hand.. 1.2 will be fine, its a similar thickness to the pipe.