Main Menu

Project Monster BBQ

Started by 55starchief, January 18, 2006, 12:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

Have spoken with the bodyshop and its booked in for 2 weeks saturday so next week we need to get it sheeted and a colour chosen so that i can spray it saturday

FUBAR

Cool,
I'm avaliable to help this weekend if needed.  Do I owen anyone anything for more materials?
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

philoldsmobile

k... so we going for the all out attack this weekend?

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile

k... so we going for the all out attack this weekend?

Yup, you gonna try and get the rivets?

philoldsmobile

uhhhh.... i dont honestly know where to start with them, thought deano was sorting it?

i can help if you want to make a nice leather belt though!!

any idea on cost for painting?

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile

uhhhh.... i dont honestly know where to start with them, thought deano was sorting it?

i can help if you want to make a nice leather belt though!!

any idea on cost for painting?

The ones deano grabed are a large head mate, i guess i will try and see if i can get them then.

Paint cost will be around £100, im gonna get my mate over to look at it this week one night to let me know what we need to get done etc

philoldsmobile

ok, no problem.. if you dont have any luck with the rivets, i'll see what i can do..

Roadkill

Looking sweet  . . . Have we added the extra support to the lower sections as we discussed ?

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
Have we added the extra support to the lower sections as we discussed ?

Not yet mate, the sheet is 50mm to short at the moment so we figured we would checker a 100mm strip along the bottom to add rigidity aswell as some protection

Roadkill

I noticed down the side (furthest from camera in last pic) that it was out of square, top-to-bottom.

Are we gonna address this before sheeting?  Or was it just the angle I looked at it ?

P.S -

I'll be working ALL DAY Sunday (will be the last time, though)
I'd promised Samantha that we could see her Dad early this year . . . Basically this weekend will be the last oppotunity 'til well into April so Friday night/Saturday morning will be a no-no for me too . . . . . Then there's Chris' Duster to move this weekend, too . . . .

The plus side is I'm picking up the Ally sheet this Sunday . . . .

55starchief

Are we gonna address this before sheeting? Or was it just the angle I looked at it ?

Might just be the angle mate

Roadkill

O.K, but give it a quick eye-ball before sheeting.

55starchief

I'll be working ALL DAY Sunday (will be the last time, though)
I'd promised Samantha that we could see her Dad early this year . . . Basically this weekend will be the last oppotunity 'til well into April so Friday night/Saturday morning will be a no-no for me too . . . . . Then there's Chris' Duster to move this weekend, too . . . .

No worries mate, family comes first. We must get this sheeted this weekend though so we will need people to be there saturday and posibly sunday

Roadkill

Any time after this weekend I should be O.K again . . . gonna take some days off work to get back on track with the decorating as well . . . .

55starchief

I just want it finished as it is eating up poncho time. Next weekend it will be painted saturday thats why the push to get it sheeted this weekend is so important

Incursus

Quoting: 55starchief
No worries mate, family comes first. We must get this sheeted this weekend though so we will need people to be there saturday and posibly sunday

I'll be there saturday afternoon, once Duster is shifted, and probably sunday.

FUBAR

I'm avaliable to help all this weekend AFAIK.

If anything changes i'll let you know.

55starchief

Have just ordered 300 rivets same size as we used saturday and 50 M8 s/steel socket bolts to fix the top down

Roadkill

I'll be picking up the plate on Sunday.

I can't say yet if I can get it cut or not though . .

Have we decided on "Fire engine" Red ?

55starchief

Have we decided on "Fire engine" Red ?

its chrysler viper red and i think it was a yes mate

55starchief

Er chris,

All the pictures you posted in thos thread are gone mate, you delete them on your hosting page?

FUBAR

I thought we were doing it a more my car type red (but not metallic)

Incursus

FUBAR

what?

Honestly, I thought we had decided on a Maroon colour for the Trailer...