4L60e gearbox and other stuff

Started by Big Mouse, August 20, 2007, 12:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mouse

4L60e gearbox
Out of my 99 camaro when stock, modified and rebult by andy frost and not used since (rebuilt it as a spare)

I've finally got fed up with tripping over this b*stard or taking the skin off my shins whenever I walk past it so will someone please take it off my hands.

It cost a grand to have it rebuilt; (have original bill) it will cost you that to have your own rebuilt; it will cost nearly 3 times that to buy a new one.

I want it out the way and will take £450 for cash, buyer collects from Milton Keynes or pays me to deliver it to them - its heavy!!

It will not fit behind an LT1; this is the later model 4L60e for the LS1 so a 98+ f body or anything else that runs an LS1.

Prop shaft for a 99+ camaro/firebird £20
Spacesaver wheel for same, chev pattern £10
Delco radio and 10 disc cd player £20
cats for a 99 camaro, used but in good condition £25

ianjpage

damned good price on the tranny mate......surpised you aint managed to shift afore now....

F Body

Quoting: Big Mouse

Have you got the model number please

Roadkill

Spacesaver wheel for same, chev pattern £10

Stick it on eBay, Mate - I got £29 for mine.

F Body

Quoting: ianjpage
damned good price on the tranny mate......

I'm sure there is a joke there somewhere Ian but that is a steal for someone who needs a 4L60E box

Quoting: Roadkill
Stick it on eBay, Mate - I got £29 for mine.

Again tempted but I'm already really short on storage space

Rob

Interested....details please

F Body

Quoting: Rob 20 Aug 2007 22:14:45

Interested....details please

Quoting: F Body 20 Aug 2007 18:19:54

Have you got the model number please

I asked first

Big Mouse

I'll get down the store and get the numbers off of it today if I get time

F Body

Thanks Ray and I'll have the spare wheel please

Big Mouse

Quoting: ianjpage
damned good price on the tranny mate......surpised you aint managed to shift afore now....

I've had so many people ask about it, get all keen to buy it and then turn out to have an engine that is totally incompatible that I've just completely given up with selling it to anyone who knows what they're buying.

I had a numpty a month ago who drove down from Doncaster to collect it as the box in his camaro was in need of replacement. "is it a 99 car" I ask. "yes" says he. "So it does has the LS1 motor?" I ask "Yes" says he

I take an hour out of my day to go to the store, drag it out to the entrance and wait for him. He turns up half an hour late - in his V6 camaro!!!

I point out that a) he's taking a risk driving a car from ooop north if the gear box is suspect, b) where did he think he was going to put it for the journey back, and c) more importantly what made him think that his V6 had suddenly grown 2 extra cylinders and turned into an LS1 overnight?

I've had 4-5 like this.

Roadkill

He turns up half an hour late - in his V6 camaro!!!

Not good for you, but

Muppet.

That's the only problem with modern Yanks - you get sooo many people buy them and not have a clue what they've got . . . .

Thus breeding the 1000 BHP claims you get frequently on eBay . . . .

ianjpage

ahh fair enough ray, bloody bugger then if you had that many idiots....

Rob

Well mine is a 99 and it is an LS1, but I don't need a gearbox right now.....Touch wood

Quoting: F Body
I asked first

And I'm in MK

F Body

Quoting: Rob
Well mine is a 99 and it is an LS1, but I don't need a gearbox right now.....Touch wood

I have it as a spare if I had the storage space but the shelves in my garage already look like an F Body parts Dept

F Body

Thanks Ray and I'll have the spare wheel please

Big Mouse

sorry mate, got a bit tied up last night, will do it today and put the wheel aside for you

F Body

will do it today and put the wheel aside for you

Thanks Ray I'll pick up at the next MKB meet

Mine is this model :

There are three other alternatives :

Rob

There are three other alternatives :

Mine isn't any of them. It's the monsoon cd head unit.

I only want the cd changer really......

F Body

I only want the cd changer really......

Well depending on the radio type I already have the CD Changer so may be we can split them

Rob

Big Mouse

Hhmmm,  there are other alternative models - 'coz mine isn't like any of those it closely resembles the first one more than the others but there are differences in the layout. Mine was definetly the Euro model of Z28

Mine is model number 09351281 Delco Electronics RDS EON radio with tape player and Theftlock. The CD changer is operated via the Aux button.

The CD changer (which is a 12 disc changer not 10) is model number 16188553 CDX-M12ZG  Manufactured in Dec 98

F Body

Mine is model number 09351281 Delco Electronics RDS EON radio with tape player and Theftlock.

I'll buy it and split the CD player with Rob

Alright if I pay the £30 I owe you & collect at the next MKB meet Sunday 2nd Sept ?

NB : Don't suppose you have the code for the Theftlock

Big Mouse

Yeah, no problem Martyn. I'm away that weekend but I'm sure there's someone in MK who can either pick it up for you or I can drop it off to someone local.

I think I may have the code somewhere, I'll have a good look for it

Rob

I'll buy it and split the CD player with Rob

Slight problem.....

According to what I've just read it might not be any good to me.

http://www.lastofthebreed.com/ServiceInformation/FbodyFAQ%27s/FbodyStereo.htm\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.lastofthebreed.com/ServiceInformation/FbodyFAQ%27s/FbodyStereo.htm

Big Mouse

Slight problem.....

According to what I've just read it might not be any good to me.

Only if you have the cd headunit