Main Menu

hey Deano

Started by philoldsmobile, August 31, 2007, 02:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Yes all classics but all have galactic mileages, I was always told because of the high reving nature of bike engines
and the fact that earlier bikes never had oil filters, times the mileage by 5 to equate to a car's mileage ?
I'm sure some bikes can go well beyond 50k miles as some cars can go 250k without significant problems, but I wouldn't buy one

Roadkill

First one looks O.K . . .the others are a bit toy-looking.

philoldsmobile

Quoting: F Body
Yes all classics but all have galactic mileages, I was always told because of the high reving nature of bike engines
and the fact that earlier bikes never had oil filters, times the mileage by 5 to equate to a car's mileage ?
I'm sure some bikes can go well beyond 50k miles as some cars can go 250k without significant problems, but I wouldn't buy one

nah, that was eons ago.. the old school air cooled 4's will do 60 - 70k suprbikes good for 50k, some tourer engines can do 100k

most aren't in their prime untill 35k +

art b

were gonna need a bikers corner soon

ive just,[last nite] snapped up a bargin
07, 650 bandit,half fairing,fuel inj,abs, "200" miles on clock 1400 bucks below any dealers best in the uk collect this weekend.........
[like a dog with two di*ks]
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

philoldsmobile

sweet..

dad bought a new bandit 600 a couple of years ago (retirement pressie for himself), its a pre reg (05) with 0 miles, £3750

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

sixpack2639

Hey Dean, i'll sell you the wifes' scooter.

2000 Honda CMX250c Rebel w/800 miles on the clock!

Needs a bit of carb work though....SOMEBODY left gas in the carb all winter and it's a bit gummed up. $1750. ONO

philoldsmobile

Quoting: sixpack2639
Needs a bit of carb work though....SOMEBODY left gas in the carb all winter and it's a bit gummed up. $1750. ONO

man, your gas really must suck, i've had bikes fire and run on fuel that was 3 years old before...

might treat the GPz to some fresh fuel, the stuff i draind from it came out in february..

F Body

Quoting: sixpack2639
Hey Dean, i'll sell you the wifes' scooter.

Can you send it UPS

philoldsmobile

if you do, would it ever arrive?