bikers corner.

Started by art b, September 07, 2007, 09:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

nice one Fin, I love buells

Art, givi stuff is top of the tree, but you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a rack and box to suit the bandit, so i wouldn't bother modifying anything...

F Body

Quoting: Finlay
I got me a Buell

Bastid  - I wants me a Buell but the Bank Manager said no

Seems this bike thing is spreading quicker than a dose of the Clap

art b

nice buy that fin i love em
let us know how she goes fella
bargin that,

martine you could have got one at that price
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

Quoting: art b
martine you could have got one at that price

I want the later model one that suits a short ass like me

Finlay

Took it for the Test ride....

WOW.....What can I say......Its a little different than the ZZR600

The Gear box...eases its self into gears...No KLUNK or Click as with the Jap bikes Ive had, the belt drive is great...NO LASH at all

The Brakes...You feel like you could get the back end in the air with even moderate force on the front lever...Again better than anything Ive ever rode...Not since the Big Single Brembo on my old 125cc MZ has a single disc been so good

The Handling.... VERY sure footed, Very easy to ride, Very easy to be confident, and them bends Much better than anything Ive ridden before

The Engine & power delivery.... THE BEST BIT, Oooozes charm..

From tickover when the front and back tire's hop and jump about while the bike is on its stand

To pulling off, Instant torque, Wide the throttle all the way back in first and second and the front end lifts up under power ...But it s not scary whaen it does

5th gear from 2000rpm it pulls fine (Above 3000rpm  is the best place)

basicaly you never realy needx to change gear once your moving at a reasonable speed, Just wide on and off the power

The Sound it makes is Fantastic.... A Machine thats alive and speaks to ya... 100mph came up very quick indeed, maybe not at warp hypersport speed.... But fast enough for me

So What do I recon, If you want a perfect bike then buy a Honda..... If you want a smooth ride ... Buy a Honda.... (Replace Honda with any of the usual suspects)

If you want to Live Life to the full BUY A BUELL and enjoy its Rustic Charms, I dont no why but to me its like the Old big Brit Twins...Its just PROPER

(All from a 4 mile test ride...lol....)

philoldsmobile

yeah, i'd love one. the few i've looked at had rather dodgy finishing, especialy around the plastics, but not enough to put me off....

F Body

Quoting: Finlay
(All from a 4 mile test ride...lol....)

I had an afternoons test drive on the XB12sgc in torential rain and
at first I was very very careful, but it was just like a pussycat and
would still get the front wheel up in 2nd gear, in 2" of water

I'm just not prepared to pay £5k for a good second hand one

My Honda is like a little Buell without the noise, I could change the
exhaust system to make it roar, but i think it would ruin the bike

art b

sounds like love fin.....
they knew you were buying it,
when you couldnt get the grin off of ya face when you got back from the 4 mile test ride  
have fun with it,

[hill street blues voice]   and be carefull out there    [hill street blues voice]

art b

hm lots of goodies.....
the givi quest continues...
http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/index.html\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/index.html

F Body

the givi quest continues...

No !!!!!!!!!!!  Move away from the hard luggage- It ain't cool

art b

true,
but its detatchable,

F Body

true,
but its detatchable,

So is a car's roof rack, cars are for luggage, bikes are for fun

philoldsmobile

ditto.. the nearest i get to luggage is a hold all bungeed to the pillion seat, or my lunch box shoved down my jacket on the ride to work!

actually, my thick winter textile riossi jacket (RRP £300!) can hold a 4 pack of 1L oj cartons, with ease!

i stopped using my tank bag, because i found the magnetic pads tend to mark the sides of the tank, and besides, i cant see my fuel guage with it on, as its on the tank top computer..

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile
my lunch box shoved down my jacket

is that even possible

philoldsmobile

art b

Quoting: philoldsmobile
or my lunch box shoved down my jacket on the ride to work

thats gonna make ur eyes water................

55starchief

thats gonna make ur eyes water................

i went for that one but i think he missed it

art b

over his head ...?  

55starchief

over his head ...?

what isnt

art b

art b

philoldsmobile

ya got a bit of a bargain there fella!!

philoldsmobile

i have the sidi boots (exactly the same as martyns) absolutely excellent boot, but the comfortably into three figure price tag (£135) hurts a bit!

it kinda hit home when i realized the other week that between lid, leather jacket / jeans, boots and gloves, its about £750 -  £800 worth of kit!

substitute the leather jacket for my ridiculously expensive but faultlessly warm winter jacket (the one i had on Saturday) and its closer to £900!

might invest in one of these for next year, in an attempt to stop the marking my leathers produce on the tank (fortunately it autoglyms out easily) would get the black / grey one

http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/RST%20dyno%201pc.shtml\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.maxmoto.co.uk/RST%20dyno%201pc.shtml

art b

can be an expensive hobby,
as i only intend using it for pleasure i can afford to wait for various odds and sods to appear at bargin prices on ebay..

i got a jacket for 20 quid the other day awaiting delivery with armour in,[damm ebayer with cheque only]
but will wait and see on size and quality to see if it becomes used on the bike ,
theres shed loads of biking stuff on flea bay thats been used once or twice ,and most was sh!t loads when new in the shops