Roadkill

ianjpage

55starchief

Quoting: 55starchief
[edit: changed to reduce size of images - remember IMGS!! ian]

Ahh yeah sorry, so used to it being automatic on vbulletin mate

ianjpage

Roadkill

I'm gonna try to book her in for an MoT today . . . Waiting to hear back from my bro'.

Roadkill

IAN.

Can we change the title to " Roadkill's 1985 Cadillac " and move it to the Projects forum ?

Ta.

ianjpage

Roadkill

ianjpage

no probs!!

Hows it going today sorting out one of the cars??

Roadkill

Quoting: ianjpage
Hows it going today sorting out one of the cars??

Well . . . The (58) Caddy doesn't seem critical.  I moved her yet again earlier and the oil light didn't come on . .

That said I ain't chancing it.

I pulled the '85 out of the garage and put the 58 away for winter a few weeks early.

I called my brother to try and get the 85 in for a MoT . . . alas, the tester is on a half day and there's no spots left (not even for me !)

So the 85 is booked in for Monday at 5.30pm.

I'll just have to put the insurance on the credit card . . . . . although that hasn't got much space left, either.

ianjpage

ahh kewl so slowly getting sorted then (and mobile again!)

Roadkill

Roadkill

ianjpage

Roadkill

Now MoT'ed and Insured . . .

55starchief

Cool, have you got your pimp hat in the car

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
Now MoT'ed

Wonder who did the MOT

Roadkill

ianjpage

Now MoT'ed and Insured . . .

Roadkill

I removed the tow bar today . . . mainly because it ruined the look of the car (and she's hardly a looker anyway) . . . plus my license doesn't cover towing anything worthwhile so I thought I'd loose it and save some MPG !

The thing was bloody substaintial . . . I lost count how many bolts I removed to take it off.

sixpack2639

The thing was bloody substaintial . . . I lost count how many bolts I removed to take it off.

It may have been the only thing holding the arse end together.

F Body

plus my license doesn't cover towing anything worthwhile

BBQ ???

Quoting: sixpack2639
It may have been the only thing holding the arse end together.

I had this vision of Dean coming back outside and finding the rear of the car on the deck

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
BBQ ???

I don't think it would cover that . . . only small, pointless trailers.

Quoting: sixpack2639
It may have been the only thing holding the arse end together

Actually she's surprisingly solid . . . when I pulled the carpet in the boot to undo bolts there wasn't even signs of damp, certainly no rust.

Roadkill

UPDATE ON MPG

My last calculation of the MPG done before the service was around 14mpg (although I can't find where I put this).

However, latest indications show 18.8 litres gives approx 72 miles which is 17.4mpg !

This was calculated only roughly, not doing the fill up, then top up test - merely using the Economy guage as a indicator.

Still.  A major improvement, albeit not the 19mpg I was hoping for . . . . this was about 65% careful town driving (roundabouts etc . . ) and 35% dual carriageway cruising . . . So likely to be a fair result.

art b

that was a heavy towbar then.....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon: