Fuel Filler location ?

Started by F Body, October 17, 2007, 01:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

I drive lots of different cars and never know which side the fuel filler is on
This results in me reversing around the pumps or trying to stretch the hose around the car if I get it wrong

Came across this little gem on another website, which say's that your fuel gauge actually tells you which side the filler is on
If you get a chance today have a look and vote on the poll bellow

Link to poll :

http://www.mkb.cc/forum/index.php?action=poll&pollaction=vote&pollID=24\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.mkb.cc/forum/index.php?action=poll&pollaction=vote&pollID=24

Roadkill

What is it's in the middle behind the number plate ?

Incursus

Mustang has an arrow and a label saying Fuel Door (or something)

Kenny

Nah mines opposite to that.

Which is more logical.  The picture show the pump nossle location in relation to the car.

so the nossle is on the right in the pic, means you need the pump on the left of your car. makes sence to me

55starchief

Ford,BMW,SAAB,Subaru,VW/Audi are all on the drivers side from memory

F Body

I checked the Vauxhall Vivaro van this morning ( we make them ) and no matter if it's RHD or LHD the nozzle icon is on the right but............

The filler is ALWAYS on the left DOH

55starchief

I just went for a strole around the carpark and as above most fords the one exception being the KA are on the drivers side, all the golfs,audi,seat and skodas at the tunners next door are on the drivers side, the vaxhauls seem to be drivers side infact the only passenger side cars i could find were a lexus and a mazda

Kenny

i found this on the net, but not sure if its true:

Quoting: Wayne Harris, Castle Hill
Cars designed and manufactured for left-hand drive (most of the world) have the cap on the right-hand side - that is, the curb side. However, when these cars are exported to a right-hand drive market, the cap is not repositioned. The Holden Commodore is an example of an anomaly with this protocol. As it is based on a German design, the filler cap is "on the wrong side" in Australia.

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
infact the only passenger side cars i could find were a lexus and a mazda

Yes but the real question is are the nozzle icons next to the fuel gauge correct to the tank location ???

55starchief

Quoting: F Body
Yes but the real lquestion is were the nozzle icons correct to the tank location ???

you think i have nothing better to do than go look at the guage clusters

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
you think i have nothing better to do than go look at the guage clusters

Yes

Kenny

Some people are saying its always on the opposite side to the exhaust pipe.  not sure about this, but its easy to check on the next car park walk.

thought with the current fad of putting dual exhausts on most cars it could get confusing

55starchief

Quoting: F Body
Yes

indeed most of the drivers side fillers are indicated that way on the guage from what i could see looking

yorkshirespud

My Jag has dual exhausts, and the filler is on the near / passenger / curb side.

The truck has duals and a filler on BOTH sides

HardRockCamaro

Most modern fords have an arrow (actually a triangle) next to the pump icon indicating which side the fuel door is.

Titsy

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Most modern fords have an arrow (actually a triangle) next to the pump icon indicating which side the fuel door is.

Yup, I've got that on the Focus...