Main Menu

IROC sorted

Started by Giblets, January 26, 2006, 04:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giblets

I am a happy Giblet.

Got my IROC back from Rocky on Saturday, and he's done a fine job on the wheel arch. Very difficult to notice, thanks to the paint being a spot on match.

Then got my local garage to stick the new exhuast on which fitted without drama, and sounds an absolute peach.

I have not heard a better sounding car on the road (although I'm sure there are some). Just going to be hard not to mash the loud pedal in built up areas now!

FUBAR

Hehehahahahahahaa *evil*

I have to try to be very nice to my neighbours

Glad to heare the car's sorted m8
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Giblets

Yup.

Roll on the show season!

Or next meet, at least.

Jamieg285

Roadkill

Look forward to seeing / hearing it.

MaryAnn

I roc, Mikes world!!!

Jamieg285

Quoting: Roadkill
seeing / hearing

I think you may have those the wrong way around.

55starchief

Quoting: MaryAnn
I roc, Mikes world!!

i thought it was funny sweetie

FUBAR

Quoting: Jamieg285
I think you may have those the wrong way around

Quality  you're totally right... heard before seen is good

Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
heard before seen is good

Sorted.

philoldsmobile

awesome!

dunno if its a peculiarity of the single pipe exhaust, but camaro's have quite a distinctive sound, and its FRIKKIN FANTASTIC!

oddly enough, the single pipe is actualy better for power, too! the ideal is a single outlet on the drivers side, something to do with the exhaust scavenging.

just about everyone that has added true duals (EXCEPTIONALY difficult to do well) doesn't get any more power than with a decent cat back like  flowmaster or SLP

ianjpage

nice to hear you got it sorted - look forward to hearing/seeing it soon!!

Giblets

After posting on thirdgen.org our American cousins seem to think there are better systems out there, but they don't appreciate our lack of choice over here.

It looks good and sounds good, so thats enough for me. Everyone on that board is just pre-occupied with shaving one hundreth off their quarter times.

Roadkill

Quoting: Giblets
Everyone on that board is just pre-occupied with shaving one hundreth off their quarter times.

Hehehe, I've read one of those threads before . . . the lengths people go to.

Giblets

Yeah, I thought Philo knew his onions on yanks, but those boys take it several levels higher.

I feel like a right charlie asking them anything to be honest.

philoldsmobile

After posting on thirdgen.org our American cousins seem to think there are better systems out there, but they don't appreciate our lack of choice over here.

its purely down to preferance... 99% of catbacks are chosen more for sound than peformance..

i really like the flowmaster sound, so will gladly give up 1 or 2 bhp over the best system for the nicer tone..

philoldsmobile

Yeah, I thought Philo knew his onions on yanks, but those boys take it several levels higher.

I feel like a right charlie asking them anything to be honest.

dont be, its an excelent site..

the only drawback with thirdgen.org is there are a lot of people who post mis-information on there, but a lot of people have an incredible depth of knoledge. (look for the ones with really nice  cars)

if there is something that leaves me stumped, i can usualy find the answer on TGO, and *ding* ya learn a little more..

the best guys for techie questions are generaly the guys with stock or modified injected cars,  its easy to rip out all the computers, and dump a high horspower smallblock into a car that already has a small block and make it go fast, the guys burning their own PROMS, or running a collection of really lovely stock cars will probably know all the thirdgen specific foibles ..

for a car modified as much as roadkills, you will probably be better off on a street racer forum for most questions, as most of the thirdgen specific stuf is gone, and the camaro is just a means of carying the engine about..

TGO guys of REAL knoledge, Vader, kandied91Z, willie (probably the single ost knoledgable thirdgen owner on the planet) and a few others.. the best guys generaly have been on the site for a long time..

also remember the forum has 11,000 members, so there will be a comparitive cross section of tools..

Giblets

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/rafeabrook/2006-01-30003mini.jpg\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\"> [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/rafeabrook/2006-01-30003mini.jpg\" border=\"0\"  alt=\"\" width=150>

The new rear view with stainless 3" tail pipes.

Think I might lose that rear fog until MOT time as it kills the look.

55starchief

Think I might lose that rear fog until MOT time as it kills the look.

Personaly i would convert one of the reverse lights into the fog light, this is common practice with jap imports and always looks better than a bolt on affair

art b

re the fog light ,just make it fold up/back behind the rear bumper,
by fabricating another bracket,  
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Giblets

Quoting: art b

Yeah I had that on my Mustang.

Probably the easiest solution.

FUBAR

Quoting: art b

There's not a load of room under there tbh.  I tried to do this but it only goes to abou 45deg.

Giblets

If anyone (Fubar?) wants my original exhaust which is still in top nick, let me know.

I just put it on ebay, but would obviously end early for a token offer from one of you fellas......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4609282802&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4609282802&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Giblets

Why does posting links never work for me?

Jamieg285

Why does posting links never work for me?

Just ignore the Insert URL button and post the link directly in your text, does pretty much the same thing.

I think you can use the Insert URL button to have a link, but with different text to the link.