It's approaching that time of year again . . . .

Started by Roadkill, November 13, 2007, 09:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

Incursus

not normaly keen on coloured or "picture" tat's I prefer the type Dean has.

55starchief

Quoting: Incursus
not normaly keen on coloured or "picture" tat's I prefer the type Dean has.

see im the other way, if and when i get ink'd its gonna be something that looks like it hasnt been done with a magic marker. Hence the David Perry picture or the one above

Kenny

Some of the newer colour tattoos are so bright they look like some kid's been let loose with his crayons.  I'm with Chris and Ryan on this one.

Tattoo's can look cool on some people (i.e. not me, i'm to pale).

Trouble comes when a person gets to many and it just looks a mess. Less is more.

55starchief

Quoting: Kenny

I used to think that but the more i look into it the less i see that being a problem, the right artist will be able to work with pale skin and adjust the color tones to suit.

My excuses were always im to pale or that i dont have big enough areas etc

sixpack2639

Coolest tatt I ever saw was on a gal. It was a robin pulling a worm outa her arse!! It was cool as feck!!!

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief
This is very cool

Nah, the Art work there is crap.  Shading is O.K but the lines are too sharp.

It looks like someone tried to do a realistic tattoo but it turned out to be a botched cartoon.

Roadkill

I'm all booked in for Wednesday the 28th Nov.

Three are being done over 2.5 - 3 hours.

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
but the lines are too sharp

Thats what i like about it, its the way it was designed, I personaly like the thin sharp lines rather than the chunky outline. Im sure as with all designs the sharpnes could be reduced to a softer line if the customer wanted that

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Kenny
Some of the newer colour tattoos are so bright they look like some kid's been let loose with his crayons. I'm with Chris and Ryan on this one.

Trouble comes when a person gets to many and it just looks a mess. Less is more.

+1

the more 'tribal' type designs like denos aren't so bad, but large coloured ones just make you look like council estate lager swilling trash..

only way to go, simple simple simple.....

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile

the more 'tribal' type designs like denos aren't so bad, but large coloured ones just make you look like council estate lager swilling trash..

well i guess when i have mine done i will have to move to a council estate and take up drinking then

For me the whole tribal thing screams chav

Sammy Lou

i have to say that picture is godawful¬!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roadkill

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
I don't have any tribal tats . . .

Actualy watched the tribal episodeof tattoo wars last night, the designs in the US seem much more like the polonesian designs that tribal originates from. Still not my cup of tea though

Sammy Lou

ianjpage

Quoting: Sammy Lou

its done i have booked mine

which one??

Sammy Lou

ianjpage

ahh right vicky said tonight - sounds nice - any sketches of it??

Sammy Lou

ianjpage

ahh right so have to wait until it done to see it then!!!

Sammy Lou

not to long i am working on the next meet but only till five will pop down to show you

ianjpage

ahh right yeah of course that next week as well init

look forward to seeing it!

Sammy Lou

ianjpage

Quoting: Sammy Lou

i am looking forward to showing it off

i hope you mean the tatoo there young lady

Sammy Lou