Just a few Honeymoon Pics...

Started by EDGE, November 20, 2007, 05:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE

Well, after sorting out all the pics I've grabbed the best few to show people... so here they are... no-one needs to see all 2003 pictures i took!

Our hire car parked up in Arizona, in the only parking spot, or infact evidence that human life has been there for 60 miles each way!!!!

Sunset from the Ghetty Centre, an amazing building with an amazing view of L.A.

The moon above the sunset from the Ghetty again.

A restaurant on Santa Monica Pier

Marty McFly's house in Back to the Future,  I found most of the locations from the film including Doc's mansion, lorraines house and tin pines mall !!!!

and yes... i am parked in the right spot!

yes ts a real one and yes, it's REALLY expensive..

A shelby gt500

Reese Callaway's new Speedster... serial number 0001 !!!!

This guy was doing this ALL day....Fun Ford Weekend, Fontana Speedway, CA

Gemma looking like she's posing for the front of her new album....

A 1917 Woods, the first HYBRID, petrol engine with battery driven motors in the wheels, stick that up you ar5e mr prius driver....

Chrysler Turbine, there are 2 left, Chrysler have the other one!!

Sunset from the Redondo Beach Pier

Again, sunset from the Pier at Redondo Beach

This is Baker. It's somewhere on the way to Vegas (from LA) and is home to worlds tallest thermometer !!!
There is also a fantastic Denny's there that has been there since the 50's..... its the best one we went to....
This road runns parallal to the interstate and reminds me of the little town in the film "cars" its pracically a ghost town while the interstate buzzes

Sunset at the Bellagio

A view down the Hoover Dam

Me and my new best friend, the Colt Dessert Eagle 0.50...... AWESOME firearm

Ronn Lucas and Scortch, we saw them at the Luxor in Las Vegas

An ACTUAL Shelby Gt500KR.... UBER rare

A 1LE 3rd gen with something silly like 14 miles on it!!!!!

Me on the top of the Stratoshere on one of the rides... its 110 floors up and im hanging off the edge of the building !!!

At the Saleen HQ they have the car they used in the new Transformers film, here is the part they used for when the prongs came out of the headlights, that rusty bar contains the prong, there is a lever on the side where the opperator pushed the prongs out!

And that was pretty much the jist of the holiday!!!!!

EDGE

55starchief

Ah the gun store Las vegas, so many happy memories

The peterson mesueum again an awesome place to visit, when i was there they had the twin mill

The Auto Collection at the imperial pallace a great way to spend a morning and everything is up for sale. Last time i was there they had a ford rs200

Dude i didnt know you were driving up to vegas otherwise i would have told you about peggy sue's 50's dinner. Built as named by peggy sue back in the 50's from railway ties

Did you see the billboard for the MAD MONK on the way up

EDGE

yeah, we drove, was an awesome drive thoug the desert with the roof down, I'd definately do it again...

The imperial palace now has 3 or 4 rs200s and 2 metro 6r4s, still on UK plates !!!

We saw LOTS of odd billboards!!!

55starchief

I remember my folks driving up in a vert and having it valet parked at the venetian for the duration of their stay, when the car was handed back they had left the roof down thinking the valet would put it up, wrong they now had a car full of sand

EDGE

hahahahahaha... genius....

I should get a picture of gemmas target, she shot an uzi 9mm in full auto, she unloaded 2 25shot clips at 50 yards and only had 7 outside the kill zone

just for those of you that SUCK at math, thats an 86% kill rate, even the instructor looked genuinely shocked...

there again, this is the same woman that regularly hits 90% when we go clay pidgeon shooting.

Roadkill

Excellent pics, mate - fantastic quality . . . I'm betting you haven't got a cheapie camera have you ?

55starchief

Quoting: EDGE

I should get a picture of gemmas target, she shot an uzi 9mm in full auto, she unloaded 2 25shot clips at 50 yards and only had 7 outside the kill zone

Yeah mine was with an M16, i went for a full 200 rounds with that baby over 4 targets.

EDGE

Quoting: Roadkill
Excellent pics, mate - fantastic quality . . . I'm betting you haven't got a cheapie camera have you ?

you should see the actual ones on my pc, these ones are linked from facebook where they chew up the quality to reduce the file size.

I shoot a Nikon D40 which is really the base end of the SLR market.  But it is 100 times better than a compact camera and it was give or take the same price.  I think it's dropped to £300 now.

55starchief

I shoot a Nikon D40 which is really the base end of the SLR market. But it is 100 times better than a compact camera and it was give or take the same price. I think it's dropped to £300 now.

Yup DSLR for teh win !!!!!!11111 I love the pictures my EOS 400D takes

Cunning Plan

Awesome pictures dude, hope you had fun...  

What a hire car!!  What was it like?

Quoting: 55starchief
Yeah mine was with an M16

LOL!!  Would like to do that...  Shame they wont let you have the A02 attachment aswell :boomheadshot:

1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Incursus

EDGE

the hire car was really really nice, just the 4.0 v6 but it was so nice to drive....  wasn't bad on fuel either, comfortable and everything you'd need..

i came back here wanting to buy one, but the weather here is toooooo shite

55starchief

Quoting: Cunning Plan
LOL!! Would like to do that...

Well here is the list of availiable machine guns

Colt M16 Carbine .223
M249 Minimi .223
AK47 Assault Rifle .223
H&K MP5 SMG 9mm
Colt M16 SMG 9mm
UZI SMG 9mm
Thompson M1A1 SMG .45
STEN MKII SMG 9mm
Madsen M50 SMG 9mm
MP40 "Schmeisser" SMG 9mm
Stemple "K" SMG 9mm
M3A1 "Grease Gun" SMG .45

And if your ever in vegas here is the actual shop http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.thegunstorelasvegas.com

***edit***

Be sure to check out the japan tourist video on the site

art b

great pics... that ride on the tower is new since i went, looks ace.....

hmm... baker, we passed through there on the way to vegas from yosimite.....accordin to the guide book its best known for ......prostitution
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

art b

whoooo those rides look awesome, done the hotshot and the coaster, but now they look more extreme

worth going back 4 id say,

http://www.stratospherehotel.com/hotel.html#\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.stratospherehotel.com/hotel.html#
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

sixpack2639

Glad you two had a good time mate!! Y'all come back now, ya hear!!

BTW, great pics!!

F Body

Nice pictures

Reese Callaway's new Speedster... serial number 0001 !!!!

That's what happens when a Camaro rapes a corvette

Gemma looking like she's posing for the front of her new album....

You sure that's actually Gemma

ianjpage

EDGE

yes im sure it's her.... she's that hot chick I scored with

the 3 rides at the stratosphere are totally awesome, i did all 3 and would probably do them all again, this time though, BEFORE lunch..

EDGE

and carl.... we're definately coming back, this place sucketh the wiener

HardRockCamaro

Quoting: 55starchief

I shoot a Nikon D40 which is really the base end of the SLR market. But it is 100 times better than a compact camera and it was give or take the same price. I think it's dropped to £300 now.

Yup DSLR for teh win !!!!!!11111 I love the pictures my EOS 400D takes

Agreed 110%!!

There ain't nothing like an SLR...  

Love the shot of the Mustang at sunset!

With Nikon / Canon DSLRs dipping under £300 there's really no reason to buy a compact camera worth more than about £170 tops.  Any more than that and you should spend that little extra and get a DSLR.  They're not even that big really nowadays and surprisingly light.
I bought one as even though I had a good compact with plenty of manual overrides I was fed up of my dusk/night car shots looking proper nasty grainy plus missing stuff because the flippin things take ages to power on and take the actual picture about a second after you press the button.

Mind you that's still better than camera phones.  People are under some strange misconception that they can get great shots out of a camera phone as long as it has enough megapixels...

Wrong!  Bight sunshine, stationary subject and with time on your side you can get a snapshot good enough to post online (ie in a small size).  At Mikes wedding I watched so many people taking photos with even good camera phones instead of bringing their camera, and each one looked at their screens after taking the shots and looking well disappointed...

Problem is that pics from a DSLR look so good you end up reading up on how to take better ones and then they look soooo much better you start really getting into it and then you start buying all sorts of lenses and flashes and other add ons.  It's addictive!

55starchief

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Problem is that pics from a DSLR look so good you end up reading up on how to take better ones and then they look soooo much better you start really getting into it and then you start buying all sorts of lenses and flashes and other add ons. It's addictive!

Yup im gonna bite the bullet and get me a fisheye lense for next years roadtrip, all those acrs and open landscapes should make for some cool pictures

EDGE

fisheye's are pretty cool but notoriously difficult to get a good picture with

55starchief

fisheye's are pretty cool but notoriously difficult to get a good picture with

Thats the good thing about digital, if it dont work delete it and try again

EDGE