this is cool... one for greame perhaps?

Started by philoldsmobile, November 28, 2007, 01:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Nope Sorry Philo the engine is good, I even quite like the colour but the rear spoiler, wheels, spot lights, rear lights and exhaust are too CHAV

Pod

Oh     My     God    

Quoting: F Body
but the rear spoiler, wheels, spot lights, rear lights and exhaust are too CHAV

That's pretty much everything that's been changed then.

55starchief

I actually had one of those as my 1st car, it had about the same number of spot lights as well Mine had a rally cam and a rally exhaust from some guy in wales also had a twin choke weber. I also had the alloys which were painted to match the body color

art b

quite a sweet ,fun likkle car,
your just too picky marty....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

55starchief

Quoting: art b
quite a sweet ,fun likkle car,

Yup mine went like a missile, just remembered it was a peter lloyd(sp) back box and i got the cam from him as well

F Body

Quoting: art b
your just too picky marty....

Understated and fast is ice cool

But CHAV is not

55starchief

The conversion i wanted to do was swap out the skoda motor for a fiat twin cam which was a perfect fit for that car

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
The conversion i wanted to do was swap out the skoda motor for a fiat twin cam which was a perfect fit for that car

That's what PhilO keeps wanting to do with a Lada

55starchief

Quoting: F Body
That's what PhilO keeps wanting to do with a Lada

i think he has the cars mixed up as it was a common upgrade on the estelles but never heard of it on a lada

F Body

i think PhilO is mixed up

We hear you Bro

art b

surely the "spoiler" is to aid the cooling,
as the lid looks like its raised and there are vents in the spoiler, and the exhaust is a nessesary evil in a rear engined car..?

[i wouldnt drive it far,unless it was on a rally course...]

philoldsmobile

i think he has the cars mixed up as it was a common upgrade on the estelles but never heard of it on a lada

i know its a common swap in the estelle, but it can drop into almost anything due to its small size.. there would be no difficulty at all in fitting it in a lada, a friend of mine (now living in france) put a rover V8 into a lada riva!!

and shock , 3 seconds of googling revealed it! Carl Alberns lada, he was the guy responsible for my cortina V8 too!!

-edit- the top gear lotus lada used a fiat twin cam.

philoldsmobile

whaddya know, my old V8 cortina, was in much better condition when i owned it, a real sleeper..

and my old lotus (well lotus  shelled and suspended) cortina..

i REALLY miss that car... (that photo is taken outside my brothers house BTW!)

art b

twas my 1st car,
oh the open road in ya 1st car

philoldsmobile

as a footnote, no one would buy the lada, even when it was offerd for free.. in the end the whole car ended up being crushed, V8 and all...