Ryan's Camaro Project Thread...

Started by FUBAR, October 18, 2005, 01:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55starchief

Email finley, all my prices are in $ but expect to pay around $60 with the regulatot. You would want a holley red. You can fit the pump either at the front or the back but the regulator needs to be at the front so you can adjust it

Roadkill

Pumps are best located at the rear . . . . see the section on the AACI site . . .  

FUBAR

something to do with them pushing fuel better isn't it...

anyway i'm going to get a mechanical one for now, mainly for ease.  I just want the damn thing running, i'll worry about playing around with it at a later date.

Ryan
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

FUBAR

Pipes & stuff turned up yesterday so thats all the bits needed to sort the pump out...

These plastic type inline fuel filters, do they need to be fitted at any particular angle? I know there's a flow direction arrow on it but does the unit itself need to be horizontal? Vertical? or doesn't it matter?

Its either going to end up Horiz. or at an angle like this \ with the flow going downwards...

Ryan

Jamieg285

The angle shouldn't matter, although if you think logically, horizontal will be better as it will take longer for crap to block the flow.

Roadkill

Just make sure you get it the right way around.

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
Just make sure you get it the right way around.

That I will do m8  thing is the existing metal fuel line might need cutting back a bit in order to get it Horizontal & still keep things fairly tidy, do these pipes have any special ends on them? or can you just cut a section off & start the hose from there?

Roadkill

Just cut 'em, Mate.

No special ends, just Jubilee clamp on the rubber hose with a good overlap.

For a clean cut use a small pipe cutter (I've got one you could borrow) - a hacksaw tends to give a rough shitty result which can wear through the rubber hose.

FUBAR

A pipe cutter would be very handy incase this needs doing, Cheers for the offer Dean, probably send Piglet round to pick it up or something

The Pipes are exactly whats in the piccy above (TART!) with the ends etc etc

Jamieg285

Go on, spill the beans. Where'dya get the shiny hose? Are they fixed length, or made to order?

FUBAR

Here:

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/VWPweb2000/hoses/hoses.html#gen200\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.co.uk/VWPweb2000/hoses/hoses.html#gen200

I have a catalogue of theirs which i'll bring on sunday.  I thought I may as well seen as you can see the pipes, + I was in magpie mode  They do with fixed lengths or per meter & you cut it yourself & pit the end bits on (what i'm doing)

Ryan

Jamieg285

Quoting: FUBAR
I have a catalogue of theirs which i'll bring on sunday

Ah, I forgot they did that stuff too. I already have a catalogue of theirs.

FUBAR

Quoting: Jamieg285
Ah, I forgot they did that stuff too. I already have a catalogue of theirs.

Ok m8 cool,  I have a spare if anyone wants one...

Looking forward to saturday I hope it fixes the problem I'm just a bit worried that the carb will need to be pulled too

Ryan

FUBAR

philoldsmobile

yes, that most cirtainly is! budget about £50 for shipping, so to get the correct refurbed carb ffor £200 ish, is a very good deal.

Roadkill

. . . . But for that price you could be eyeing up a Edelbrock . . . .

art b

Quoting: FUBAR
mmm shiny    

RE  :   BRAIDED HOSE

these pipes can be cut easily,by wrapping insulating tape,  three or four turns around the cut and sawing gently with a sharp junior hacksaw,no mess no sharp bits!
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

FUBAR

Yeah I noticed thats how they cut them I was gonna do something similar. Cheers Art

FUBAR

Ok... I went & had a quick check of the car this morning on the way into work & the drip tray is FULL of Oil  I don't know why! It's always had a leak but thats only when the car was in use because it was leaking from the Oil Pressure sender but now it seems to be leaking when not in use.  I'm now worried this is getting expensive very quickly

Either that or its rainwater with Oil on top, but its all very black...

Jamieg285

Oh, dear. Better check the dispstick before doing anything else, make sure there's still enough in it.  It's not been standing at a different angle to normal?

FUBAR

It has, its nose down-hill at the moment hence why we couldn't change the fuel pump without moving it, it spends 90% of its life facing uphill at quite a steep angle on the driveway.

I don't think thats whats caused it though because I noticed it dripping slowly last week off the back of the engine / exhaust but assumed it was just spilt petrol running off the inlet manifold washing crap off the engine.

If there has been petrol on it it wouldn't destroy gaskets or anything would it??

Roadkill

Petrol can damage some gaskets, but in your case they'd have to be shot already to be effected by a petrol spill.

Maybe a front oil seal ?

Roadkill

How much oil are we talking about ?

FUBAR

If its all Oil & not Oil floating on Rain water I'd say Most if not ALL of it its a big drip tray my step dad had made up about 1m x 1.2m

I didn;t want to get all grubby this morning on the way into the office so didn't check anything else.

Ryan