Ryan's Camaro Project Thread...

Started by FUBAR, October 18, 2005, 01:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
What fittings ?

where the hard fuel line screws into the fuel pump & Carb, because the top fitting is nearly rounded off & the bottom one looks ceased I'm replacing the hard line with Hose (+ its pimpy!:up, so I need 2 of the screw in fittings with a small length of 3/8 pipe on them to fit the hose too.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

I may have something that'll fit . . . . . It's on the Facet pump I've got . . .

FUBAR

If you have I need 2, they are 5/8 fittings with a 3/8 pipe aparantly the same as a holley carb... & they will be replaced

Roadkill

Threaded at one end - Yes?

Not sure what I've got . . . .

Roadkill

Yeeaaah.  Similar.  Mine has step-down ends (so several size pipes fit it)

Don't know the Thread mind you.

They're there if you need them.

FUBAR

philoldsmobile

still?

post is going to be slow now, getting close to chrimbo. i'm still waiting for tail lights and a door handle..

Roadkill

I'm waiting for chrome centre caps . . .

The LSD is delivered tomorrow.

FUBAR

I'm waiting for chrome centre caps . . .

Dean when these arrive would you be willing to part with a couple of the retaining Clips from you're old ones?  as 2 of mine are held on with No More Nails at the moment...

55starchief

Quoting: FUBAR
Dean when these arrive would you be willing to part with a couple of the retaining Clips from you're old ones? as 2 of mine are held on with No More Nails at the moment...

ye ha ridem cowboy

art b

well its beter than "no more centre caps"!!

very qt in here these days??
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

55starchief

Quoting: art b
very qt in here these days??

Pretty sure everyone is caught up with work mate, i know i am for the next couple of days

Incursus

Quoting: incursus
Leads are at hanslope (my parents) I can pick them up on Sunday if you still need......and If I remember

Guess What?.........................I forgot the leads...........sorry

FUBAR

Quoting: incursus
Guess What?.........................I forgot the leads...........sorry  

Thats ok m8 no worries, it started briefly yesterday but threw loads of oil out the breathers so I shut it off (Think its overfilled as I added about 1/2 litre & thinned with petrol that leaked in from the flooded engine)

If Jump leads are needed it'll be at the Barn now anyway as its getting Trailered there on Saturday so I can work on it.

Ryan

55starchief

Andy will be in the uk from the 8th - 19th

Roadkill

Would be nice to arrange a meeting with the man.

Is he gonna bring my Heater Core with Him ???

55starchief

Is he gonna bring my Heater Core with Him ???

I believe he is mate

FUBAR

Ok Guys,
Developments:

After trying to start the car last weekend & the ensuing antics I'm getting a couple of differing opinions on possible solutions, Phil Says that by changing the bits i've already got & changing the Oil the problem might be rectified... but we'd have to see after everything's installed.
Graeme has spoken to Andy (Engine Builder...) & described the situation & he says that if petrol is leaking past the piston rings into the Oil then the Bores have gone & its new Engine time...

I'm really hoping its not option 2... I don't have the money for that

art b

it may not be all doom and gloom ryan,
if ya carb had flooded the cylinders,
then under compression the fuel could only go past the rings, if this happened a few times a fair bit of fuel will be in the oil,

as ya engine was running so sweetly prior to the latest incident, i cant see the bores or rings bing shot
drop the oil see how much extra fliud there is, repair the carb, and see how she goes, i reakon things wont be too bad,

there some tough mothers these chevy engines
good luck with it
art
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

FUBAR

Thanks art, Just what I needed to read TBH I was starting to worry...

A new engine is on the cards but at Zero notice its going to be VERY hard to find funding  The Oil is VERY shitty & was due for a change anyway ASAP so hopefully things will be ok

...I hope...

The car's going to the Barn on saturday as my neighbours ar back at the end of the month & discovered last week that it was on their driveway... (oops)

philoldsmobile

dude, dont sweat the neighbours, just come clean, and explain the situation and i'm sure they will understand.

also, on the plus side, the fuel / oil mix would have worked quite well as an engine flush!!!

FUBAR

Still no bloody Carb!  + US Auto still haven't delivered those 2 fittings slow bastards
seen as this + bar work is stopping me going to southampton this weekend for my little brothers Birthday I want to fix the damn thing on sunday!  If all the stuff isn't here for then I'm going to be in an even worse mood than I am right now