Ryan's Camaro Project Thread...

Started by FUBAR, October 18, 2005, 01:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
Dean when these arrive would you be willing to part with a couple of the retaining Clips from you're old ones? as 2 of mine are held on with No More Nails at the moment...

Yep.

No problem.  Although I think the two caps i've got left aren't much kop . . . .

Roadkill

US Auto still haven't delivered those 2 fittings  slow bastards

I Know US Auto are a firm favourite of PhilO's but In my experience I DO NOT rate them.

They only want to help if the part you want they have on the shelf.

If they have to look, sod it, that's too difficult.

I Head to John Woolfe (about 5 mins from US Auto) - 01234 220700.

They're always happy to help - epecially if it's a little obscure.

When asking US Auto for ball joints for the Caddy I was told (without looking)
"Nah, don't think they make them . . . Couldn't you make some ?"

Idiot.

Woolfe on the other hand said they'd look into it . . . How important was it ?
I said I'd like a price soon-ish so they sorted the prices and availability there and then.

Roadkill

Also the Edelbrock Manifold for Chris' Duster was something like £290 and 2 weeks wait in US Auto.

John Woolfe had it in stock - £230 !!!

I Could give SEVERAL other examples of US Auto's rip-offs, too . . . .

Roadkill

Finally. <phew>

Ryan, as Art says, I Doubt you have cylinder damage.
This occurs after prolonged attack by fuel.

A couple of Floods wouldn't have done that.  No way.

My Dodge flooded CONSTANTLY and still had excellent compression for a 1/4 Million Mile+ Block.

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
Dean when these arrive would you be willing to part with a couple of the retaining Clips from you're old ones? as 2 of mine are held on with No More Nails at the moment...

Yep.

No problem. Although I think the two caps i've got left aren't much kop . . . .

Cheers m8, I only need the clips from inside, unfortunatly you have to smash the caps to get them out... that ok?
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Jamieg285

US Auto service depends largely on who you get. There are 2 or 3 decent guys, the rest make up the numbers (IMHO).

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
Finally. <phew>

Ryan, as Art says, I Doubt you have cylinder damage.
This occurs after prolonged attack by fuel.

A couple of Floods wouldn't have done that. No way.

My Dodge flooded CONSTANTLY and still had excellent compression for a 1/4 Million Mile+ Block.

Cheers m8 : I've had 1 zero notice expensive wallet shock this year, last thing I need i another one!

FUBAR

Ooh Dean,

Are you going over to the Barn on Sunday to do some Humber Chopping?  if (a big IF) all the bits have arrived for my stuff any chance I could have a lift over?

Roadkill

you have to smash the caps to get them out

They're already F**ked, Mate.

Roadkill

Are you going over to the Barn on Sunday to do some Humber Chopping? if (a big IF) all the bits have arrived for my stuff any chance I could have a lift over?

I'll be going one of the days only.

Are you trailering the Camaro there Saturday ?

FUBAR

Yup, but i'm working saturday evening so Can't do any work on it that Day after its dropped off.

Graeme I assume you'll be around to open the doors ???

Roadkill

I'll explain, but -

What is the exact plan for saturday ?

With estimated times, Please.

FUBAR

Phil is coming to my house at about "Lunchtime" we'll then go over to Ray's to pick up the Trailer when he's finished using it which won't be long after this.

Back to mine & load up the car probably about 2pm ??
Go to the Barn & drop the thing off & back home hopefully 5:30ish to give me time to get ready for work

Roadkill

Two reasons I ask.

1)  I'd asked Phil to pick a sink up for me from Gt. Barford on Saturday Morning . . . As long as he hasn't forgotten this won't effect your plans.

2)  Deep breath.  The Caddy MUST return soon.  (Work have offered to pay for a Fork lift and scissor lift license <£££> but the Caddy must be moved first)  

Also I Need the unit clear over Xmas to spray Chris' Duster.

The Weather, I Think, caught us all off-guard with how quickly it "Turned".
Basically I'm concerned about driving it back . . . and seeing as Rays trailer is being used Saturday anyway thought, only if possible, that we could work in the Cadillac ???

FUBAR

That is certainly a possibility but you'd have to check with Phil, He might have forgotten about the sink tho... he was going to pick the caravan chassis up in the AM but got outbid & last time I spoke to him he was talking about Oil Changes & Astros...

If this Bar work didn't pay nicely i'd not be doing it anymore as its quite a bind on my time & is the only reason for the deadline on Saturday, but its all extra Camaro Money

Roadkill

I'll have a word with PhilO tonight.

FUBAR

I need to go & buy some Oil to do a change in the Camaro this weekend, any recommendations on type & als how Much do I need to get??

Filters' getting changed too

Roadkill

I Think about 5L or a Gallon will do ya.

I Normally go down to "car spares" in Stony Stratford and tell 'em what I've got - They'll recommend something in varying price ranges.

You're VERY unlikely to find cheaper.

They're a good bunch.

Remember - despite what some may say it isn't critical on what oil you use.

Your car's old - It'll be happy with practically anything.

Roadkill

I Think I normally go upper to Middle of the Road.

Valvoline For example's about £14, from memory.

F Body

You'll need 6 litres !

Well just over 5 and a half , don't forget it should be SAE 5W-30 , I use GTX Magnatec which is now sold in loads of cars shops in the right grade.

FUBAR

art b

good luck with it guys,
let us know the news asap
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

FUBAR

Car's in the Barn left a nice oil trail across the floor and I managed to roll it into Dean's humber oops. no serious damage though (and not even a scratch on the humber!)

now I can fix it! when the bits arrive!

Roadkill

I managed to roll it into Dean's humber

(twice)

Roadkill

Let us know if you require Chavscort, Mate.   . . . . . .