Ryan's Camaro Project Thread...

Started by FUBAR, October 18, 2005, 01:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
THREAD LOCKED !!!! Start a new one !!!

I was wondering when that was going to be mentioned
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Roadkill

Hey, we're MKB it's 101 Pages at least !!!  

FUBAR

yeah and who'se stopping there!!    got to get there first tho, no rush...

FUBAR

Car drove home perfectly guys

I'm in a very good mood today now

Have to say, thanks for everyone's help again, much appreciated

Jamieg285

Incursus

Quoting: FUBAR
Car drove home perfectly guys

Cool

FUBAR

Spent today changing my Carb over for this:

Its a rebuilt Good as new E4ME Quadrajet that I got from this seller on eBay, http://stores.ebay.co.uk/i-5-Components\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://stores.ebay.co.uk/i-5-Components

Turned the key & Vroom the thing fired up right away  so I am in a Majorly good Mood  and my car's home now!

The fuel pump & lines are going to get changed soon when a couple more bits arrive but for now the car works!
The car also got an oil change & new filter as over the last few weeks & for various reasons there was a whopping 12 Litres of Petroly Oil in my engine!!! the stuff was thinner than water when it was siphoned out!

FUBAR

Only thing I need to get is a new Throttle return Spring & an idle speed solenoid because now theres the nice new carb on there the spring isn't 100% strong enough & the idle speed doobry is playing up

Roadkill

I Got a fairly hefty spring in my toolbox in the Garage, mate.

It's Chrome, too.

FUBAR

Incursus

Is it Borrowable?

No he just likes to brag  

FUBAR

FUBAR

You know what, You learn something new every day...

Its always bemused me as to why the drivers side door on my car is in better condition than the passenger side, its less rusty & the hinges are better which is the wrong way around in wear & tear stakes...   Today I might have figured out why...

Another thing thats bugged me but i've never looked at b4 is the fact that the door-ground effect (the bit on the door not the sill) ducks in at the back of the drivers door, I had a look at it while cleaning the car today & it suddenly occured to me, that piece is from a 90 - 92 Aero Style Ground effects because it ducks in to accomodate the little Hole at the rear arch, this means (and brings me back to the first point) that its highly likely my car has had a door off a 90 - 92 Camaro which would explain why its in better nick & they logically would have done the hinges at the same time!

I'm now giving serious thought to the fact that the Tach on my car might need a 1 infront of it...  Carb's dont wear out like mine has in 92,000 miles for a start, even if it has been screwed around with!

Roadkill

192,000 miles ?

N'ah - I wouldn't think so.  It's possible though . . . . .

Roadkill

Is it Borrowable?

Of course, Mate.

It came as a kit - two springs and a bracket, all chrome - albeit "Mr Gasket Chrome"

Two springs were way too heavy hence one is redundant.

You can have it, no probs.

philoldsmobile

Ryan - i think its quite probable the car has 192,000 on it, maknig the gearbox failure actualy a rather positive thing - 192k is a good life for a 700R4, and would mean that it was actualy fairly well looked after. for a 700R4 with a 305 to die in 90k needs some SERIOUS neglect - more than i believe your car has had.

dont worry at all, there are a lot of reliable 300,000 mile 305 thirdgens out there, so 200k is really nothing to worry about.. when a car is 18 or 19 years old, so many things could have happend to it that unless you have an extensive history woth the car, the milage shown on the clock is irrelivant..

for example, how do you know the clocks haven't ben changed? pay no attention to the readout, you have absolutely no way of knowing if its correct..

on the plus side, i have seen cars in FAR worse condition than yours, its definately gonna pull through and be a good car for you.. i will do absolutley anything i can to help you achive that, just ask - if i can help you i will, there is no expiry date on that offer, no maxuimum number of uses.

if you wanna play the milage game, my astro was one of the last built with the 5 digit odometer, so the 103,000 miles on it could be 203,000 or even 303,000... what matterd to me is the van drives and functions perfectly, so it really doesn't matter..

in reality, 203k wouldn't suprise me at all, because it allegedly had a tranny at 90k (190k?) although vans do give the tranny a harder life than cars do due to the weight..

buy these cars on condition rather than milage, unless there is a full history to prove it (although even this can be forged)

glad its up and running again mate!

philoldsmobile

for various reasons there was a whopping 12 Litres of Petroly Oil in my engine!!! the stuff was thinner than water when it was siphoned out!

mmmmmmmmmmm, generator fuel!  

Roadkill

Quoting: philoldsmobile
i will do absolutley anything i can to help you just ask - if i can help you i will, there is no expiry date on that offer, no maxuimum number of uses

Copied and Printed for later use.

philoldsmobile

meh!

ever need a hand with anything, if i can, i will help.

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Roadkill
THREAD LOCKED !!!! Start a new one !!!

not gonna happen!

Roadkill

Quoting: philoldsmobile
ever need a hand with anything, if i can, i will help.

I know you're always appreciated, Mate.
Ooo.  Did that sound a bit Ghey ?

philoldsmobile

not really!   well....maybe a little..

Roadkill

<poor Welsh accent>

I'm the only Gay in "the Village"

</poor Welsh accent>

FUBAR

so no comments on the door then guys?

Roadkill

Didn't know it required comments . . . except yes, seems feesible.