Ryan's Camaro Project Thread...

Started by FUBAR, October 18, 2005, 01:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUBAR

Oh I assume you did that top bit on the Offside front arch, just there's not a piccy of it...
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Rocky

Yeah done it all mate,will get more pics tomorrow,SFCs stop the baked bean can effect,on a t-top the glass roof stops it but if you look at hardtops the stress goes all the way up until it reaches the weakest point and starts to split the panel,if you sand that down i bet there is a hairline crack starting.This is why SFCs are so important.Lesson over

FUBAR

hmm I would have thought that Hardtops would have been stiffer than T-Tops...  oh well something for the future then

Rocky

Hardtops are stiffer, a lot better drivability but they still take a beating like the others on rough roads im afraid.

Rocky

If you want SFCs fitting at least there is something to weld them to now

FUBAR

Rough roads... like Bedford then!!
Mental note... do not turn 3rd gen into a Monster Truck...

philoldsmobile

Quoting: FUBAR
Rough roads... like Bedford then!!

aint that the truth!!

Roadkill

Hard tops rule . . . . but I've STILL got SFC's.

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
Hard tops rule . . . . but I've STILL got SFC's.

Mine will get em eventually

FUBAR

Rocky,

What time do you want me to get to you're place tomorrow to pick the car up m8?

Rocky

anytime between 11 and 1 if thats ok.

philoldsmobile

Mine will get em eventually

as will mine..

i will probably have a strut top brace, too

FUBAR

Quoting: Rocky
anytime between 11 and 1 if thats ok.

we'll be there at 11am, we have to go somewhere else by early afternoon so we will see you then

philoldsmobile

whats even more shocking is that we WERE there by 11am!!  

FUBAR

And now....

I need to get some serious work done on my car soon...

:- Headlights are STILL sat in my room waiting to be installed
:- Dash Lights STILL don't work
:- Wiring Loom is STILL Buggered under my Dashboard
:- Boot Hatch is STILL Leaking water through the Glass / Hatch Panel Join (Easy Fix I hope)
:- Headliner is STILL Sagging onto my head while driving (Ecklers Order at some point anyone?)
:- Car STILL doesn't like Idleing when cold & US Auto want £50 to replace the Idle speed Solonoid which might not even be the problem!

All this inbetween building a BBQ!

philoldsmobile

still need to fit bonnet
still need to get rust on screen surround repaired
still need to get astro windows tinted
still need to fit towbar
still would like to fit tranny cooler and change tranny fluid..

Roadkill

Hmm let me think what I've gotta do . . . .

Oh, wait.

No.

In fact . . . I'd rather not.

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill
Hmm let me think what I've gotta do . . . .

Oh, wait.

No.

In fact . . . I'd rather not.

Yeah lots of projects there m8!

Jamieg285

:- Headliner is STILL Sagging onto my head while driving  (Ecklers Order at some point anyone?)

IF this wedding thingy comes off, I will be looking to complete the collection of parts for my interior replacement (headliner, carpet, few panels.  This would all be happening mid year, enough time before Sept to get them all fitted.

Why Ecklers?  I've done some shopping around, and NPD and Classic Industries work out cheaper (and Classic offer 20% fairly frequently)

FUBAR

Ecklers was the only place I knew of until I just read you're post...  as long as its a good product I don;t mind where it comes from TBH

Jamieg285

They're all pretty much the same manufacturer, just different distributors.

FUBAR

Yeah if you look into these things they tend to be.

Fine by me though, I'm still saving all my Bar Wages money so once the car has passed its MOT (April 29th) & if the currently accumulating contingency fund hasn't needed to be raided I will be interested in some Shiny things  either that or i'll pay off the insurance on the credit card, one of the 2!

Rocky

NPD and Classic industries are the best for parts,better to go in person though just to look around

FUBAR

Ok...
time to stick with what I know. I'm banning myself from looking at eBay motors!!!

Relevant to MY car Nathan is having it this week to change the sump gasket for me.  Hopefully this will fix my Oil Leak!

FUBAR

Phil...

A random google search for the solution to my solonoid problem brought up... you guessed it Thirdgen.org's forum!

http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthread.php?s=f6ee16b7f1abf02460d5cd3418bdef5a&threadid=268735&goto=nextnewest\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthread.php?s=f    6ee16b7f1abf02460d5cd3418bdef5a&threadid=268735&go    to=nextnewest

I'm going to do some testing when I get home!  I also now know its called a "Throttle Kicker Solenoid" which is helpful for searching for a replacement if its broken!

Most intriguing thing is this...:

Quote:83_1/2 L69
There is a solenoid on the front of the carb called the "throttle kicker". It keeps the engine at 1500 RPMs when the A/C is on. It can also be turned on by the ECM!