amvo forum revamp and change of URL

Started by philoldsmobile, December 24, 2007, 04:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

was http://www.amvo.org/amvoforum\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.amvo.org/amvoforum   now http://www.amvo.org/forum\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.amvo.org/forum

55starchief

i always wondered why it wasnt like that in the 1st place

philoldsmobile

the URL or the forum?

personaly my first impression is the old forum was far better, this is not a nice layout, avatars and postcounts etc appear on the right hand side of the posts, not the left, and its not as clear.

Vbulliten or mini BB FTW, all others FTL

55starchief

The URL, nearly every forum is always /forum

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile

personaly my first impression is the old forum was far better, this is not a nice layout, avatars and postcounts etc appear on the right hand side of the posts, not the left, and its not as clear.

Damn thats nasty, sorry amvo guys

philoldsmobile

yeah, sucks in a big way doesn't it...

there are lots of tweaks in the pipeline, and considering the new forum has only been online a few hours, it seems its appearance has gone down like a lead balloon.. hopefully that can be changed, coz the old one was simple clean and functional..

55starchief

I still find it hard to use other forums as the layout of this one is so easy, we even started to change the vbuletin layout on HCP to be more intuitive lke this one

philoldsmobile

yup, this forum is perfect for what we need..

gotta say, at the moment (and i stress at the moment as i know changes are imminent, although i have no idea what changes) thats gotta be the least intuative and most fussy forum i've seen...

philoldsmobile

bad move, people not happy...

really dont like whats going on over there right now..

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

What are these "other" forums of which you speak

Jamieg285

The Musclecar forums had exactly the same response when they upgraded to the same forum.

The good news is it can be tweeked easily enough, it just needs someone to have the time to read the manuals.

art b

cuh .............. how hard can it be......

CJ-IROCZ

sorry dont like the new set up, only my opinion though and i know f*ck all

philoldsmobile

dont see what was wrong with the old forum?

damn sight better than this one...

ianjpage

Quoting: philoldsmobile

dont see what was wrong with the old forum?

I *think* its the same forum, just newer version of the software....could be wrong tho.......

It is very different to the old style tho.....not sure on it yet

nick69

I aint bothered tbh. At the end of the day as long as I can read stuff im happy.
Looks alright to me but im easy

Roadkill

Quoting: nick69
Looks alright to me but im easy

Would look better Black, though.

nick69

Hell yeah black is best. Ive got my firefox in black and IE7 in black and my TV and DVD and Cinema suround and sky HD box and monitor and PC and PC desk and keyboard and mouse and PS3 and 2 of m guitars and the smeg fridge and dishwasher etc etc etc etc etc etc

I can see a pattern!

Fieldy

art b

Quoting: nick69
I can see a pattern

is black a pattern....

nick69

Quoting: art b
is black a pattern....

Hell yeah, I call Blactern!!

art b

philoldsmobile

updated template available, looks soooooooooooo much better now - its called vista something or the other.