Parts.....

Started by Rob, January 01, 2008, 12:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE

are you kidding me........

EDGE

i could come up to help if need be.... i could do with the parts and seeing how they come off has got to be a bonus....

55starchief

Would could be done is to

pull the motor and trans in one go

then drop the rear axle

Remove the doors and tailgate

That would leave the interior

Chop the bitch

EDGE

dude, what's the address of the barn ???

Roadkill

Okay - can I get a lift on Sunday with someone - the Eldo's on fumes . . (or will be by Sunday).

EDGE

well... i dont want to impose obviously, its not my project so i dont want to force myself in the door........  

having said that, i could really use the parts so I could do with a rough idea of how they go together and attach to the car.

on my list is:

boot plastics
centre console
fog lights
front anti roll bar bracket (depending on size and condition)
interior (seats, door cards, any other odd bits that match)
rear exhaust section (depending on condition)
lock set (depending on number of keys)

thats about it really... not sure what that lot would be worth as part of a 995 car?

EDGE

double post, obviously over excited

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill
Sunday

Sunday? i thought ther car was arriving saturday

EDGE

HOLY CRAP BAGS... its miles away !!!!!!!  still... gotta be worth the trip... do i need to bring anything with me?

Is yours on the way up to there Dean, I can pick you up if it is... Not sure what time I'll have to leave though, depends on how it goes there, I also have a kitchen to finish, unless someone else can drop you off at home if you need/want to stay later...

Roadkill

Quoting: EDGE
thats about it really... not sure what that lot would be worth as part of a 995 car?

I'm guessing physically getting there will be another £160, too . . . .

All things to consider . . .

I think, TBH, that we stand a good chance of getting all the bits off of it we need and breaking even on selling the rest as long as we're careful.

55starchief

HOLY CRAP BAGS... its miles away !!!!!!! still... gotta be worth the trip... do i need to bring anything with me?

well if you live in london it is actualy its 12 miles from my place and you have been there before

As for tools i pretty much have that covered we will need cooking oil though

Titsy

I'd better get a pass-out from Titsy, though, I think he's expecting the grouting doing in the kitchen at CR#2.

Pass-out granted...

I'll probably lend a hand too as i'm after a few odds...

Roadkill

Quoting: 55starchief
Sunday? i thought ther car was arriving saturday

Dunno, Rob's in contact with the guy . . .

I'll go whenever . . .

Roadkill

Is yours on the way up to there Dean

Not really.  I'm M1 way and the barn's M40 way . . .

55starchief

EDGE

didnt reallise it was that close to yours G... is Dean's on the way, I can collect and drop off if need be... I forgot about transporting it, Ive never bought a car THAT broken..... well.... not knowingly...

oh... and you can all see the chavscort again, its been WASHED !!!!!!

EDGE

Im coming up the M1 dude, what Junction is yours?

Rob

Okay - can I get a lift on Sunday with someone - the Eldo's on fumes . . (or will be by Sunday).

NP

55starchief

Well if we were to have a night out friday i have space at mine if peeps wanted to crash

Titsy

I can't help on the sunday as i'm at Autosport Int.... but I could do saturday...

55starchief

I can let who ever is going sunday have the key if they can let me have it back at the meet that afternoon

Rob

Quoting: 55starchief
damn vultures

Will need to know what people are willing to pay for these bits before the vultures circle.  Really want to make my money back and a bit more to cover costs etc.

Rob

Quoting: Titsy
but I could do saturday...

can't see it arriving early enough on Saturday to do a great deal anyway.

EDGE

well... let me know a price for the parts im after, itd prefer to get that sorted out way ahead of coming up..