Pimp Wheels? Thoughts.....

Started by Fieldy, January 07, 2008, 08:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Incursus

Quoting: 55starchief
I have seen some of their whips and they look pretty damn good actualy

Motorama

Personally i wouldnt put a wheel like that on a car of that style. It doesnt look right and gives the impression your trying to make the car look like something it's not ie a lowrider.
I also think the car looks pretty neat as it is, kind of stealth like and understated. Sometimes 'less is more'.

art b

spent the cash on something else, it looks great as it is

Quoting: Motorama
I also think the car looks pretty neat as it is, kind of stealth like and understated. Sometimes 'less is more'.

Quoting: Gator
stop fiddling save your money and just enjoy it  

them wire wheels will look horrid on yours and unless you spend a friggin fortune they will tart pitting and flaking pretty quick

cant see you cleaning them every weekend either ya lazy likkle fecker

the ones on it now look great imo

listen to your elders young un  
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

HardRockCamaro

The original wheels on the car in their original diamond cut type polished appearance looked awesome in the original brochure Edge had for the car...

EDGE

i tried to polish the very outer lip of the wheels on one side of the car...

if i were you dude, i'd spray them metallic silver first, very cheap, probably £15 of paint and see how you like them then, remeber, those are the original truffle wheels are are about as exclusive as you're likely to get...

EDGE

this is what it was like when new...

Fieldy

Ok, Thanks for your help guys....I like the idea of the silver rim, and keeping the black wheels, we discussed this at the wheel shop and that was the original Idea I had, only I wondered what everyone might think of the wires....

I def want the wheels re-furbished with A silver rim, but they need to cover the disc brake/drum as no-one wants to see them!!

art b

55starchief

I would have them diamond cut and cleared myself

HardRockCamaro

As would I.  I hate black wheels.  On any car.

Fieldy

Pod

Are you a drug dealer?

Not my kind of thing at all.
Expensive wheels (which aren't far off the cost of the rest of the car) just make it more of a target to get nicked or damaged.

Plus, I'd be amazed if those deep dish wheels fit with drum brakes.

55starchief

Do we need to see Dr Cox again

Fieldy

Quoting: Pod
Are you a drug dealer?

http://imageshack.us\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

I am going to e-mail them regarding the refurb of the present one.....

art b

Quoting: Fieldy

you know it makes sense rodney...............

55starchief

You should expect to pay £60-100 per corner if they are going to diamond machine them. If they are just going to do them silver £45-60

F Body

Nice PhotoChop Fieldy

Pitty about the wheels

NB : I meant to comment on the Shop line " We are looking to break into the Yank Market "

This basically means, we have never seen one before but you look right a right mug so we'll bull sh!te you with some special offer

EDGE

bear in mind that you cant diamond cut the centre caps of the wheels, they're plastic, hence why i was going to spray them, you can get some nice silver metallic wheel paints

HardRockCamaro

Actually they don't look bad in the photoshop...

NO WHITEWALLS THOUGH!!!

EDGE

i thought that but still toooooooo pimpalicious.....

HardRockCamaro

Bear in mind they'd be a b**ch to clean too.

And you'd have to clean them everytime you use the car or the chrome would go nasty...  

Fieldy

Quoting: F Body
NB : I meant to comment on the Shop line " We are looking to break into the Yank Market "

They have done A few of the escalades etc, but not as many cruisers as they would have hoped so far, but have only been going for 8 months so good luck to 'em.

HardRockCamaro

I'd have a nice set of 20" chrome wheels on the Caddy if it wasn't for the fact they'd be nicked in 5mins where I live...

Shame as the stockers are naff...

Roadkill

What about the other three ?  

Fieldy

Quoting: Roadkill
What about the other three ?