Main Menu

Superbowl

Started by FUBAR, February 07, 2006, 11:32:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FUBAR

How was the Superbowl Party Jamie?
Enjoy it Graeme?
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

55starchief

Game wasn't great.

A lot of controversy stateside with people saying the game was fixed. The oficiating was poor to say the least with 2 very questionable decisions

FUBAR

Rigged?  really, why?

Jamieg285

Party was great - free food was shite, but the rest was good.

OK, Liberty-X were crap too, but at least they knew it and were suitably embarresed to be there

Agree with G on the game - more than 2 marginal calls which changed the flow/outcome of the game.

The Steelers trick play - don't know how to describe it properly - counter, reverse sweep, RB pass for TD- fantastic - best play of the night.

Roadkill

Rigged . . . Like WWF wrestling ?

55starchief

Quoting: FUBAR
Rigged? really, why?

Not realy sure, there was a touchdown that was called back for aleged pass interference then a touch down that was allowed after review that showed the ball not crossing the line. The seahawks were called for every penalty where as the steelers were not.

All in all it didnt show the NFL in the best light

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill

Yup but its now the WWE after the World Wildlife Fund won there case about the WWF using the same intials

FUBAR

Quoting: Roadkill

PMSL
Those Pandas kicking the shyte out of each other is hilarious...  Oh you mean WWE

FUBAR

Quoting: 55starchief
Yup but its now the WWE after the World Wildlife Fund won there case about the WWF using the same intials

beat me too it

Roadkill

Panda Wrestling ? . . . . . Coooooool.

Jamieg285

Quoting: 55starchief
Not realy sure, there was a touchdown that was called back for aleged pass interference then a touch down that was allowed after review that showed the ball not crossing the line. The seahawks were called for every penalty where as the steelers were not.

By the letter of the law, that was pass interference, but a very harsh call as there is no way the defender would have got anywhere near the ball anyway.

As for the TD, I reckoned it did break the line, but only just.  The angles used were not 100% conclusive, and it's purely down to individuals opinion.

I don't think the game was rigged, I just think there was some bad calls.