What do Smoke Detectors do ?

Started by F Body, February 10, 2008, 02:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

How about explode

We heard this loud bang upstairs followed by a smoke detector going off :panic:

We all ran upstairs but the detector had stopped sounding and we couldn't see  anything wrong

Went into the bedroom and noticed that the smoke detector cover was at an angle, opened the cover and found this :

The 9v battery seems to have exploded
That's a new one on me, put a new battery in and the detector works fine

Incursus

I suggest emailing Duracell to voice your concerns over their product quality...

Titsy

Quoting: IncursusTitsy
I suggest emailing Duracell to voice your concerns over their product quality...

Dammit...

FUBAR

Holy Crap!

they'll probably send you a stack of replacements and those batterys aren't cheap!! especially if you say about it being in your house' smoke detector!!
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Incursus

Quoting: FUBAR

they'll probably send you a stack of replacements and those batterys aren't cheap!! especially if you say about it being in your house' smoke detector!!

art b

that would have shocked ya if it had exploded at nite....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Kenny

It might be worth replaceing the smoke alarm too, as it's could be a fault with that that caused the battery to short.  Its better to be safe that sorry when it comes to a smoke alarm.