Hot Rod Pin Up's for RK.

Started by F Body, March 07, 2008, 02:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Roadkill

Yup, cool stuff . . . . I've recently found a new piccy for my desktop at home - a Pin-Up standing with a chopped, slammed '55 Caddy sled parked up on the salt flats.

That's my kinda picture . . . . I'll post it later.  

Fieldy

There's enough potential here to give me A semi......

Big Mouse

Quoting: Fieldy
There's enough potential here to give me A semi......

Take your fingers away from the keyboard when you have thoughts like that - too much information

Incursus

Cunning Plan

I have a full raging ............
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

ianjpage

Quoting: Cunning Plan

I have a full raging ............

Hangover??

Engine??

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

art b

babes and cars go so well together............
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Fieldy

Quoting: art b
babes on cars go so well together............

Fixed as we complain so much about woman drivers......

Roadkill

Quoting: Roadkill
I've recently found a new piccy for my desktop at home - a Pin-Up standing with a chopped, slammed '55 Caddy sled parked up on the salt flats.

That's my kinda picture . . . . I'll post it later.

Here it is.

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Rob

Roadkill

Quoting: Rob
Nice Sled......

Indeed.  Notice the subtle side pipes . . . and also that the front indicators/side lights have been removed - I'm guessing possibly to aid induction.

Motorama

great picture, where did you find the original

kinda makes me regret seling my 56 now

cant be good for your chrome having all that salt on it

art b

all those tats ..........
all that mess on gurls dont do it for me

Roadkill

Quoting: Motorama
great picture, where did you find the original

I went onto Photobucket . . . they have "popular searches" on the home page before you go to your album . . . . one of the searches was "pin ups" - I thought, cool let's have a look.

Was well worth it.

kinda makes me regret seling my 56 now

And I've seen no pictures of your '58 . . .

cant be good for your chrome having all that salt on it

Providing it doesn't come into contact with water it should be fine . . . alot of the old skool hot rodders run their motors bare metal at El Mirage - that's hardcore.

Motorama

And I've seen no pictures of your '58 . .

Apologies in advance for the colour although it does look more peach than pink in the metal, but it's a very nice car. 2 owners  and only 34k miles from new. Originally white with black interior the car has new paint, £7k's worth of new chrome from London Chrome, prolly the best in the UK and deffo the dearest. The interior is a mix of old and new which i'm not entirely happy with so may have be redone correctly.

The seller was a complete tosser and the car had several major faults he neglected to mention which i'm currently addressing. More worrying was that he did wedding hire with these faults including a petrol leak in the engine bay, a water leak, no front brakes, the worst worn prop UJ i have ever and the back seats not fitted properly to name a few. Aside from these faults i did get the car for way less than the £43k the guy had invested in it. It does run really nice and all going well will be driving like a Caddy should by mid week

I originally bought the car to move it straight on in a deal to get me a 59 Cadillac Conv but unfortunately that deal fell through. I'll smoke about this for the summer until another 59 comes up

Roadkill

Sweet.  Frikkin Sweet.

By the looks of things that the Short-deck '58 . . . It definately looks shorter than mine - could be a illusion, though . . . . That said I think they only offered the Ext. Deck on the Sedan DeVilles . . .

So . . . after a convertible '59, eh ? - A '59 Coupe's definately on my list . . .

Motorama

By the looks of things that the Short-deck '58 . . .  It definately looks shorter than mine - could be a illusion, though . . . . That said I think they only offered the Ext. Deck on the Sedan DeVilles . . .

I think it may be just the angle on the pics as the ext deck was only on the sedans

So . . . after a convertible '59, eh ? - A '59 Coupe's definately on my list . . .

Well i think with Cadillacs the 59 Convertibles and the 53 Eldorados are the ultimate so whilst i actually prefer the styling on a 56 or 58 a 1959 is more iconic and the one to own

I bought a 60 Coupe this week as well! Will be up for grabs in a few weeks time when i've done a little mechanical and got it MOT'd

Roadkill

I bought a 60 Coupe this week as well

B@stard.

Did that little Poncho go in the end ?

Motorama

B@stard.  

Did that little Poncho go in the end ?

The 60 Coupe wont be that expensive. It's a straight, solid, good running and driving car with a 10ft paint job, needs some chrome and a front seat repair. I reckon around £7500 by the time it's sorted.

I sold the 55 Pontiac to a guy in Essex who had big plans for it. He had the body man from Homegrown Hot Rods doing all the work on it. I think it was going to be trad lowrider/kustom style and should look good when done

art b

you do find some nice cars out there andy....

Motorama

Did i mention the 54 Ford Crestline Victoria 2 Door Hardtop i have as well

Roadkill

Did i mention the 54 Ford Crestline Victoria 2 Door Hardtop i have as well

No, you didn't.

- Needs sleddin'.