9 hour Camaro Service.

Started by F Body, March 12, 2008, 12:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

It was a biggy today because I also did a full fluid change, would have been a lot easier without the gale force wind :

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Z28/CIMG4812.jpg?t=1205339700\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Z28/CIMG4817.jpg?t=1205339755\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c294/fbody007/Z28/CIMG4816.jpg?t=1205340387\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">

Oh and a big thank you to F Body Management who was deployed to stop things blowing away

55starchief

WTF were you using a drain box for just suck it out the dip stick tube with the liquid pump, talk about make work for yourself

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body
I thought that for once I might not spill it all over the drive. Then a huge gust of wind blew the box out from under the car, the drive looks more like Q8

Gravel drive for teh win - just kick the stones about a bit and it's as good as new !

F Body

Quoting: 55starchief
WTF were you using a drain box for just suck it out the dip stick tube with the liquid pump, talk about make work for yourself

Too slow even with the oil hot, it took about 15 minutes to empty the gearbox

Also you need the box under the oil filter

55starchief

Too slow even with the oil hot, it took about 15 minutes to empty the gearbox

You had the wrong size pipe on then as mine will drain the sump of a car in about 5 mins and if you short crank it over it empties the filter

F Body

nd if you short crank it over it empties the filter

That sounds a bit risky, suppose you could pull the plug leads off, not that you can reach most of them on an F Body

Titsy

That sounds a bit risky, suppose you could pull the plug leads off, not that you can reach most of them on an F Body

Easier just to pull the injector fuses if you're that worried...

F Body

Quoting: Titsy
Easier just to pull the injector fuses if you're that worried...

Well I'm just maintaining it regardless of cost for when you buy it

Rob

art b

someones been on his sucky sucky machine all day...........
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Titsy

Well I'm just maintaining it regardless of cost for when you buy it

I'm holding out for the reading of your last will and testament...

Roadkill

That sounds a bit risky

Nah, when doing an oil change I always fire the motor for a second or so.

You'd be amazed how much extra oil you get out . . . . and there's no way anyone's gonna tell me running it for a second like that is gonna do any damage at all.

art b

Quoting: Roadkill
You'd be amazed how much extra oil you get out . . . . and there's no way anyone's gonna tell me running it for a second like that is gonna do any damage at all.

ive done that too, and ya do get an extra 1/4 pint out
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

VIPER

Just done the viper as well...... £100 just for engine oil and £55 for the trans.!!!!!!!!!

F Body

Quoting: VIPER
£100 just for engine oil and £55 for the trans.!!!!!!!!!

and thought £45 and £35 was bad for the Camaro

NB : Have anyone else noticed that oil is now sold in 4 litre cans to hide the cost

55starchief

NB : Have anyone else noticed that oil is now sold in 4 litre cans to hide the cost

dont know i buy it in 25l drums

F Body

dont know i buy it in 25l drums

£250

55starchief

£250

lol where are you buying oil, i bought 25l of castrol R for £60 all be it 18 months ago

F Body

lol where are you buying oil, i bought 25l of castrol R for £60 all be it 18 months ago

Well that will have doubled by now

I use Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 in the Zee and it's currently around £40 for 4.5 litres retail and I need 5.5 litres

55starchief

I used to get mine form a agricultural place my mate worked at they were a castrol agent so i got to buy at trade. Hmm he now works for kubota wonder what oils they use

Roadkill

Yup.