FAO anyone with a 2001 onward car.....

Started by philoldsmobile, March 15, 2008, 02:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

55starchief

Time to buy that old p1800s and drop in a modern motor me thinks

F Body

The thing is it's all arse about face, generally the older the vehicle the more it pollutes, so the newer the car, the cheaper the pollution tax should be

philoldsmobile

case in point...

my original plan was to buy a 2002 147 2.0  - road tax would now be £300 per year in 2010

the 166 (2000 model) has the exact same 2.0 twin spark engine, but emits slightly more Co2 due to the heavier body.. because its pre 2001 it stays at 185 until 2010 when it goes up to a massive £200 i wont be doing any more or any less miles, so the net result is slightly more pollution because of the 'green' tax

so, the government has actually kept me in a larger car, rather than a smaller one!

Titsy

When was your 'maro registered Martyn?

Rob

Mmmmm......

Mine is a 99' but was registered 07/2001

55starchief

Quoting: Rob

Mine was registered 07/2001

yeh but yours is an import where as martyns was a uk spec car mate

Rob

Quoting: 55starchief
yeh but yours is an import where as martyns was a uk spec car mate

So it doesn't affect imports then....?

55starchief

Quoting: Rob

So it doesn't affect imports then....?

No i dont think it does because they have no data

philoldsmobile

some do now, but the US market has only started releasing the data from 2005, so most are still ok..

Cunning Plan

Quoting: philoldsmobile
this is gonna bite you for your non US market vehicles..

Making me think again about buying brand new...  or even a recent truck....  ffs when will they just tell the truth and explain that it has nothing to do with environmental benifits, its just a way of increasing tax..

Its like alot of things now, regulation and PCness owns..  At work you only have to mention h&s and whatever you wanted will be done..  Much like taxes, if they introduce a new one or raise an old one with no explaination there is uprawr, if they put the word 'global warming' in there or 'green', everyone thinks of fluffy bunnys, sigh of contentment and pays up..  
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

EDGE

im still looking for a truck, but hopefuly an old one to avoid the road tax :)

Cunning Plan

Quoting: EDGE
im still looking for a truck, but hopefuly an old one to avoid the road tax :)

What are you looking at?  
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)