Today's Rant Razor Blades !

Started by F Body, March 22, 2008, 11:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Or rather the cost of Razor Blades !

Electric shaving has always made my face sore, so I'm stuck with wet shaving.
Been using one of those Mac 3 electric jobbies for a few years now, nice shave but the cost of the blades has gotten outrageous
A pack of 5 blades is now around £8.99 from a cheap shop like Body Care.

It's not that I can't afford it, it's just that I don't like getting ripped off !

So a few weeks ago I bought a packet of 10 Asda twin blade, swivel head disposable razors for £1.99.

Much to my surprise they worked quite well, but today I've gone bargain basement

A pack of 5 Wilkinson disposable razors for ...................15p

Big Mouse

Quoting: F Body
A pack of 5 Wilkinson disposable razors for

..and you think electric shaving made your face sore? - a week of using them and it felt like I'd shaved with a handful of broken glass

Have you thought of getting a traditonal double edge razor or a cut throat razor? bit pricey for a top quality one - £40-60 plus a strop for the cut throat - but properly looked after it will last for ever, a pack of razor blades is under £2 for 5!! and once you get used to using one you'll never look back.

http://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.theenglishshavingcompany.com

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

philoldsmobile

i have one of those gillette fusion 5 blade thingies, the blades are absolutely outragous money for them, but being such a fresh faced young pup, i use 1 blade a year..

Incursus

Quoting: F Body
Electric shaving has always made my face sore, so I'm stuck with wet shaving.

Total opposite for me

Electric 4tehwin  literally. I won my electric razor through a competition in the local paper nearly 6 years ago was top of the range back then, only one blade change later its still going.

Remarkable really cos I would have expected the rechargeable battery to have died by now

can still get service parts for it as well.

nick69

Quoting: Big Mouse
Have you thought of getting a traditonal double edge razor or a cut throat razor?

I use the double edge blade type. Had it for 15 years and is as cheap as chips!

Roadkill

I use a Mach three thingy - wet shave obviously . . . never seen the appeal of electric razors . . . but I don't need to shave every day.

Last razors I got was a mega CostCo pack . . . that was about the best deal you can get.

But, yeah, they're dear.  I'm just glad I'm not a hairy bast@rd who needs to shave twice a day !

art b

Quoting: nick69
I use the double edge blade type. Had it for 15 years and is as cheap as chips!

you have a beard....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
I'm just glad I'm not a hairy bast@rd who needs to shave twice a day !

I've reached that time of life

Used one of the 3p Wilkinson razors ( 15p for five ) this morning

Quite good actually considering the price, sharp and gave as good a shave as the far more expensive twin blade Asda ones