This country sucks...

Started by Big Mouse, April 06, 2008, 10:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mouse

Where the f*ck have we gone wrong!! My step son, his wife and my two oldest grand children left yesterday for a two week holiday to San Francisco/LA/general west coast of the US.

Unfortunately they booked and paid for the holiday some time ago and were scheduled to leave from...you guessed it... T5 at Heathrow. They turned up, waved goodbye to their luggage - literally - and got on the plane.

Before they had even taken off the announcement was made that their luggage wouldn't be coming with them 'due to technical problems'

Half way across the Atlantic they had to turn back 'due to technical problems' and spent the night in a hotel next to Shannon Airport.

BAA can't build airports, BA can't keep their planes running, the Olympics is going to make the Millenium Dome look like bargain of the century, motorways sink/crack up before a car has driven along them... are we really destined to be a third world country??

Sort it out FFS

Fieldy

Ah, good ol' T5 already, the atmosphere there right now is 'interesting' to say the least......

55starchief

One reason i will not fly with BA, always fly with virgin to the USA and touch would in about 30 transatlantic flights never had a problem

ianjpage

Hmm sounds like they had real fun then ...

F Body

Quoting: Fieldy
Ah, good ol' T5

I think BA should be congratulated for there contribution to reduced emissions and less global warming

Most of there customers no longer want to fly

EDGE

Quoting: 55starchief
fly with virgin

nothing better than flying a virgin....

Big Mouse

VIRGIN Atlantic. Have you seen their trolley dollies?? Who are they trying to kid

Fieldy

I love the Virgin air hostesses.....

Fieldy

Quoting: 55starchief
always fly with virgin to the USA and touch would in about 30 transatlantic flights never had a problem

Couldn't agree more, they are far better in all aspects bsed on every experience.....

HardRockCamaro

I stick to American Airlines whenever possible, never had any hassle or problem.
For internal US flights I use JetBlue if possible.

Used United this last time, they were ok.
Only used BA once.