Pimpin Philo's lexus

Started by philoldsmobile, April 08, 2008, 01:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IT

EDGE

i rekon we just steal his car and do it all.... kinda like over haulin but im NOT two tone-ing it on big chrome rims....

Gator

thats buggered it, the crank will be exploding through the block now hes worked on it

philoldsmobile

got a quote today on a sequential LPG injection system, not too unreasonable at all at £1700

once the alfa is punted on, i'm gonna have it done. might inspire me to keep the car a while too..

EDGE

wont it take you a relly long time to get your money back on that though ?

what's your annual mileage ?

philoldsmobile

dunno, its a lot less now i have the sanya, that should be in use by next week..

FUBAR

LPG???!! you sure you're going to keep the Laxus for that long?
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

FUBAR

Quoting: FUBAR
Laxus

LOL that was actually a genuine spelling mistake but its kinda funny so i'lll leave it in

philoldsmobile

Quoting: FUBAR
LPG???!! you sure you're going to keep the Laxus for that long?

absolutely not...... i'm now hoping it will be gone very soon, as a *potential* plan has been hatched.

its a staggeringly good car, i cant deny that, but its just *so* boring..

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Fieldy
Lovely, lovely motor there....Thats far more like it.....

no, really its not...... not even a little bit. its like driving a library around. very quiet and comfortable, but not exactly soul stirring..

i need to make some phone calls tomorrow.......

Fieldy

FUBAR

Quoting: philoldsmobile
driving a library around

Pastamobile expires... now he's got the Bookmobile!!  at least you get a huge free parking space behind the library in CMK

HardRockCamaro

Is it worth putting LPG on it, especially with the mileage on it and the fact you're running a bike now as well?

Just a thought!?

F Body

its a staggeringly good car, i cant deny that

Followed in the next post by :

no, really its not...... not even a little bit.

If your gonna buy a cheap car, it's gotta be cheap-cheap like less than £500, that way it's just disposable

Roadkill

Quoting: F Body

Yeah, exactly.

Like the wind . . .

55starchief

Quoting: Roadkill

Like the wind . . .

yup, but thats philo

Cunning Plan

Quoting: ianjpage
IMO you'd be daft keeping either the stang or the alfa...both have had their problems, both have had more than 1 chance.....i'd rather spend money on something i want (i.e. the V6 alfa you want) rather than spend MORE money on either of these then it eitehr goes wrong agian or you end up trading up to the v6 in the future - fix em, sell em, px the lexus job sorted.

I say hold on to it until both the Alfa and Mustang are long gone . . . then start trading up.

Well said,

got a quote today on a sequential LPG injection system

Sorry Phil, but why? Like others have said, unless THIS is the car you want to keep, why do it?   You just love cars dont you
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Roadkill

And now he's selling it !

He's like a one-man soap opera !

Fieldy

Nah, A soap opera gives you A chance to get up and go to the toilet without missing something......

philoldsmobile

well, dont squeeze one out now, coz the new car will be here either today or tomorrow!

this car has just turned over 70,000 miles, is absolutely mint, 99 model, and has a full main dealer service history. oh, and an engine note to absolutely die for..

F Body

this car has just turned over 70,000 miles, is absolutely mint, 99 model, and has a full main dealer service history. oh, and an engine note to absolutely die for..

This story beats any dull soap opera, it's more like good theatre ,I'm just worried about how much the bill will be at the end of the show

Roadkill

an engine note to absolutely die for..

Not an engine note that sounds like it's about to kill you, no ?

HardRockCamaro

Or a note from a dying engine?