Pimpin Philo's lexus

Started by philoldsmobile, April 08, 2008, 01:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

been busy with the lexus today, sorted the nasty paint on the rear passenger side door, and got the exhaust blow sorted, its now (as ian and vicky will attest) almost earily silent, you honestly struggle to hear it running.. all it took was one joint to be re sealed - £25 for 1/2 hour labour..

bodywork responded well to a good cut buff and polish, all she needs is the bonnet and front bumper painting (heavily stone chipped) and she'll be pretty much mint.

i'm going to get a can of wheel paint from hellfrauds when i get a moment, to paint the wheels (untill i can replace them) and possibly give it an oil change tomorrow.

55starchief

It always amazes me that if the dealer bothered to spend £50 on a valet that car would have been worth £2k easily, the top of the motor needed a good clean and a quick wipe with some armarol wipes to look like new

philoldsmobile

yup, so far i've spent maybe £30, and it looks and sounds a different car.

with a mop and some compound, its could have taken maybe 2 hours, as it was done by hand, more like 5

at trade prices, painting the bonnet and bumper would cost less than £50, and hey presto, a car that would easily fetch double what they got for it..

shows you how much proffit they make on cars, that was deemed too much work for the return.

55starchief

I would just give the inside a clean matey and dump it back on ebay starting at £1500 i reckon a couple of smart trade ups could get you the car you want inside a year

philoldsmobile

the thought had crossed my mind..

55starchief

Quoting: philoldsmobile

I would mate, just test the water if it doesnt sell you wont have lost much but if it does you will be quids in.

Just clean up he motor and snap a picture for ebay, a clean motor and boot floor as you know gives a great impression

Im sure you could find another motor like that localy and do the same again

Incursus

Quoting: 55starchief

I would mate, just test the water if it doesnt sell you wont have lost much but if it does you will be quids in.

Just clean up he motor and snap a picture for ebay, a clean motor and boot floor as you know gives a great impression

Im sure you could find another motor like that localy and do the same again

especially as you will have the Biatch to run around on

philoldsmobile

i reckon its worth a shot, prob put a £1750 reserve..

55starchief

i reckon its worth a shot, prob put a £1750 reserve..

yup, go for it but clean that motor first matey as its letting it down

HardRockCamaro

Personally I think it's a much better buy than the Alfa.

I never saw/heard the Alfa, only pics, but I'd feel a lot happier in the Lexus myself, just for the peace of mind.

The Lexus is very comfy, ideal for the sort of mileage you do.

philoldsmobile

this is also true.. the lexus, now the exhaust is sorted, is so quiet its unreal, like a brand new car.

Roadkill

Quoting: HardRockCamaro

I say hold on to it until both the Alfa and Mustang are long gone . . . then start trading up.

Roadkill

sorted the nasty paint on the rear passenger side door

What was the deal, there ?

F Body

Parts will probably be cheaper for the Lexus as well being as there around in far greater numbers including the Jap spec Soarers

If that sells you could break even and have enough left over for a tidy Chavscort

55starchief

The way  see it if phil want s to buy a 147 then good for you mate, we have all been there and purchased cars others have told us not to, some times they were right others wrong so if selling the lexus gets him that little bit closer to his 147 then go for it. As said else where if you want a hand to swap motors on the other 2 cars you only have to ask

ianjpage

Quoting: HardRockCamaro

I never saw/heard the Alfa, only pics, but I'd feel a lot happier in the Lexus myself, just for the peace of mind.

The Lexus is very comfy, ideal for the sort of mileage you do.

Quoting: Roadkill

I say hold on to it until both the Alfa and Mustang are long gone . . . then start trading up.

as well.

I think mate, in all honesty, get a new engine in the alfa, new engine in the stang sell them both, pocket some cash and then PX the lexus against something else - the alfa you want (the V6) or something totally ddifferent.

IMO you'd be daft keeping either the stang or the alfa...both have had their problems, both have had more than 1 chance.....i'd rather spend money on something i want (i.e. the V6 alfa you want) rather than spend MORE money on either of these then it eitehr goes wrong agian or you end up trading up to the v6 in the future - fix em, sell em, px the lexus job sorted.

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Roadkill

What was the deal, there ?

from what i could see, the previous owner hit something and scratched, but not dented the door. in thier attempt to 'repair' it, they simply got a matt black aerosol, and sprayed it onto the door. it appears they then wiped the matt black paint (perhaps they noticed it was the wrong colour?) with a cloth, then left the resulting mess.

ironic thing is, had they bought some t cut, the scratches would have all but buffed out. after removing the matt black paint, i was able to buff the door back to good again, with just three small, barely visible scratches, about 2" long each.

Fieldy

Lovely, lovely motor there....Thats far more like it.....

philoldsmobile

i just cant believe something powerd by what are essentially explosions can be so quiet...

should be at the north london meet on saturday, so you can hear for yourself..

Fieldy

should be at the north london meet on saturday, so you can hear for yourself..

I won't, I will be working

EDGE

dude, im sure t5 can fail without you there for a day

EDGE

DO it phillis.. DOOOOOOOOOO IT