starting to dislike 3rd gens help

Started by Gator, April 23, 2008, 01:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ-IROCZ

scroll down on their homepage and you'll see the online chat board. I think it comes online about 6pm our time

HardRockCamaro

MAF Burnoff is a relay that whacks a load of current down the tiny wire that sits in the airstream in the MAF Sensor to burn off any dirt deposits that may be on it as a dirty MAF sensor would give false readings.

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

HardRockCamaro

Are you still getting these codes:

34.   Low voltage (high vacuum) at mass air flow sensor (or MAP sensor)
36.   Burn off at mass air flow sensor OR Problem in transmission shift OR Fault in direct ignition system OR Missing pulses in electronic spark timing signal

Gator

Quoting: HardRockCamaro

Are you still getting these codes:

34.   Low voltage (high vacuum) at mass air flow sensor (or MAP sensor)
36.   Burn off at mass air flow sensor OR Problem in transmission shift OR Fault in direct ignition system OR Missing pulses in electronic spark timing signal

not getting any codes now Andy

but

had the IAC out and it was solid so that was buggered

put another good one in

it idles better but still drops revs when put in gear

when in gear it chugs away for a few seconds then dies

when its then restarted in P in shoots up to 1700 the settles down to 1200 i assume this is showing that the IAC is now working

now i need to set the IAC and the TPS as they must be way out of spec but would doing this solve the problem

nick69

my dodge used to die when put in gear and that was the TQ
Replaced and fixed. Then sold

Gator

Quoting: nick69

my dodge used to die when put in gear and that was the TQ
Replaced and fixed. Then sold

i know more about emissions electronics than i ever want too its a croc of shite that just buggers up your car

never again

nick69

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Gator
found one guy with same symptoms and it was the head gasket........gulp

if you've got ANY doubts about the head gaskets, i have a block tester, it sniffs the coolant for hydrocarbons, and gives a definate answer with head gaskets, gimmie the shout, and i'll arrange to get it to you./

Gator

Quoting: philoldsmobile

if you've got ANY doubts about the head gaskets, i have a block tester, it sniffs the coolant for hydrocarbons, and gives a definate answer with head gaskets, gimmie the shout, and i'll arrange to get it to you./

cheers mate your a goodun

its not that im sure, its something simple

have replaced TPS IAC AND MAF i am still thinking IAC but what are the chances of 2 fualty ones

philoldsmobile

next time were in the same place i'll bring it, it only takes a moment to test, but can definatly rule out or confirm head gaskets..

i seriously doubt its the HG's as small chevs aren't prone to blowing them, but for 30 secs to test.......

Gator

have tested the iac and it moves freely i have also tested the vacuum with a guage and theres plenty of it i dont think its fuel as the the thing will race at 2500 revs for a few minutes then jump around again if it was fuel it would suffer a higher revs i would of thought

i didnt get chance to check anything else as my mate locked the keys in it for a while  

yours stumped of gloucestershire

art b

as my mate locked the keys in it for a while

i thought only i had mates like that.....

philoldsmobile

just because the vacum gage reads lots of vacum doesn't nesicarily mean there isn't a vacumn leak...

the high erratic idle is definatley a symptom of a leak, so i'd still check every single vacumn hose carefully.. also e aware the heater controls are vacumn operated, as is the cruise..

art b

my chevy dayvan had perished vacumn pipes and the cruise and heater controls didnt work,
but the engine ran fine.....

Gator

Gator

fixed

the dizzy was buggered fitted a nice shiny new one and its all ok

thanks for all the advice guys

F Body

fixed

the dizzy was buggered

Phew well done mate

FUBAR

I thought you changed that already?

Good to hear that its fixed though
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

Gator

nah did the cap and rotor but it turns out the rest of it was shot, it actually fell apart when we got it out

just needs a small bit of timing ajustment now

CJ-IROCZ

Thank feck for that even i was getting bored of this one

Gator

Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
Thank feck for that  even i was getting bored of this one

thanks i think

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

art b

ahh ha .. not too expensive then....

btw

Quoting: art b
what about the weights in the dizzy are they gunked up...

Gator

what about the weights in the dizzy are they gunked up...

boom boom it was broken big time