Race For Life in aid of Breast Cancer research

Started by Amey, April 28, 2008, 03:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amey

Yeap, I'm doing Race for life again this year.
This time in Bedford, on Sunday 20th July

Over the past 2-3 years my family has seen more than it's share of Breast Cancer.

Thankfully my Aunt, on Mum's side, (Diagnosed in 2005) has been given the all clear.
Mum is also doing really well (Diagnosed in 2006 - see http://www.mkb.cc/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=1&topic=1970&page=0#1\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.mkb.cc/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=1&topic=1970&page=0#1 for more details).
Another Aunt, this time on my Dad's side, was diagnosed last year. Again she is doing well now.
Then earlier this year my Nan (My Dad's mum) was diagnosed. She has had her operation and currently waiting for Radiotherapy in June.

Thanks to Breast Cancer Research and other organisations, more and more people are surviving Breast Cancer.

If you would like to sponsor me, please go to the following page - http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/victoriapage\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/victoriapage

It's all done online and is complete secure.

Thank you

ianjpage

F Body

Good cause well done Vicky, I'll sort you out a donation when I get home

art b

lyn and jayne have done it for the last 3 years,
and again this year not sure where though,
i usually take em there and back.....

and watch the competitors in lycra
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

Quoting: F Body
I'll sort you out a donation when I get home

I'm trying but the web page won't accept the donation without signing up for some Nat West security password rollocks

Kenny

Nat West security password

All the good banks are doing that now, its to increase security when shopping online.  All they want you to do is create a password which will be linked to the card.  then next time it's used online (legitimately or not) you will be asked  for said password.  easy :)  Means you don't have to just rely on the website's security.

Tis like using a pin in a shop.

F Body

Quoting: Kenny
Tis like using a pin in a shop.

Ah OK Mate I was just wary of entering my DOB and account details onto some elses site !

I'll have another go tonight

Amey

Quoting: Amey
This time in Bedford, on Sunday 29th July

Doh, meant 20th July. Unable to edit top post

Huge thanks to everyone whos donating

ianjpage

Doh, meant 20th July. Unable to edit top post

changed it for you

F Body

I'll have another go tonight

Another wasted half hour

I entered all the security details and went through 4 pages of details then :

Problem processing your donation

We are sorry but we are unable to process your donation. The problem could be caused by one of the following;

* You have followed an incorrect link to the site
   * You have changed the web address in your browser during the donation process
   * There is a problem with your browser software.

I'm trying to give them money

Vicky I've made a bank transfer direct to your account ( it took 30 seconds and will be listed under the last set up - Camaro lights ), please put the money into your fund raising account

Amey

Vicky I've made a bank transfer direct to your account ( it took 30 seconds and will be listed under the last set up - Camaro lights ), please put the money into your fund raising account

Cool, thank you

sixpack2639

Vicky,
My friend Carole did a walk last year (Breast Cancer Awareness) sponsered by the AVON Foundation and my MKB Family helped her reach her fund raising goal so you have a tenner from me.

I only wish it could be more.

Cheers, Carl

Incursus

ianjpage

Amey

Seems ages ago when I posted this - It's now next weekend
My work have very kindly offered to do 'Matched funding'
So when I have a total - they will give me the same amount towards it

Sammy Lou

i will give you a fiver when i next see you

Amey

Well, I've done it now.

Took about an hour again. Walked round with Ali (Met through Sammy) & her friend Jasmin

Incursus

Well, I've done it now.

Took about an hour again. Walked round with Ali (Met through Sammy) & her friend Jasmin

ianjpage

F Body

Well, I've done it now.

Took about an hour again

Way to go Girl

Amey

ianjpage