Want a brand new 3rd gen Iroc

Started by CJ-IROCZ, April 30, 2008, 02:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ-IROCZ

Why on earth do i want to sell mine

Was there a better looking 80's car ?? I doubt it

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

FUBAR

Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
Was there a better looking 80's car ?? I doubt it

Indeed, just a shame they had their driveway done by the local pikeys!!

CJ-IROCZ

Fieldy

Like the burnout mark on the tarmac though

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Gator

very very nice but would you drive it ?

Fieldy

Quoting: Gator
very very nice but would you drive it ?

Hell no, which is A shame as it has 1 job in life, and that's to be driven hard, and it will never do that.....

It's probably the saddest little Camaro deep down inside

F Body

Now that is sweet

I could quite easily add that to my F Body collection after my 2nd Gen Z28 ( 73.5 model year ) and 1st Gen

ianjpage

now that is one VERY nicely looked after car!

HardRockCamaro

Oh my god I want that so bad....

But you can't drive it, that would be wrong.  I's a museum piece that needs a climate controlled garage...

F Body

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
But you can't drive it, that would be wrong.

No it would be wrong NOT to drive it

FUBAR

you would have to drive it once!...  then spend a month cleaning it!

Gator

Oh my god I want that so bad....

But you can't drive it, that would be wrong. I's a museum piece that needs a climate controlled garage...

but wouldnt that be like owning a painting you could never look at

id drive it  on special days

Big Mouse

Mmm. plasma torch, Ford 9", tubbs, big block - I can see the inner beauty in any vehicle

So tell me, as I'm obviously a complete numpty when it comes to cars, how many new cars have any of you ever bought that came with 2000 miles on the clock? I've bought a couple that had 2-3 delivery miles, and once bought a Merc with 26 delivery miles on it (alright, I negotiated £250 cash back on that one because of it) but I considered that reasonable for a new car - but 2000 miles????

Very nice as it undoubtedly is but its second hand isn't it - go on, you can tell me I won't say anything

CJ-IROCZ

The initial topic was a reflection on the condition of the car hence the

Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
okay its got 2000 miles but my god its sex on wheels

HardRockCamaro

Indeed, it has 2000 miles on it so it's not new, so I think it's a little cheeky of the ad to include the window sticker and other dealer delivery bits as it kind of suggests it is indeed new.  Cute though.

I believe cars should be driven, I'm not one for trailer queens.
So...  I think it should be driven to and from shows etc but it would need a Martyn style cleaning session afterwards and it's certainly not daily driver material.  After all,m there are plenty of really nice IROCs you could use as a daily instead of spoiling such a time capsule.

F Body

I think it should be driven to and from shows etc but it would need a Martyn style cleaning session afterwards

Seems OK to me

art b

surely ya cant enjoy it if you dont drive it...

HardRockCamaro

Well, it got to nearly $27,000 with 26 bids but didn't meet the reserve.

That's over £13,500 at todays exchange rate which means that landed and registered in the UK it would owe you over £18,500

And it didn't even sell as the reserve was higher than that...

New it would have cost about $20,000 which allowing for inflation is probably about $35,000 in todays money...

HardRockCamaro

Another minter on EBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-Chevrolet-Camaro-Iroc-Z28-5-7-L98-T-Top-700-Miles_W0QQitemZ150241898683QQcmdZViewItem\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-Chevrolet-Camaro-Iroc-Z28-5-7-L98-T-Top-700-Miles_W0QQitemZ150241898683QQcmdZViewItem

Asking $35,000 and has had 7 offers (wonder what they were?).

A few of the senior peeps on thirdgen.org who have nice examples are giving it the "I told you so" to those who used to say that 3rd gens were worth nothing...
If it's in top nick you gots to pay top dollar...

FUBAR

"I told you so" to those who used to say that 3rd gens were worth nothing...

This is the thing, these cars are rapidly becoming 'proper' classic cars, once all these cars hit 20+ years all the shitters start dropping off the face of the earth as breakers and that normally just leaves the nice, well maintained, ones left.

Roadkill

Quoting: FUBAR
once all these cars hit 20+ years all the shitters start dropping off the face of the earth

Mine's still hanging on !

art b