1995 GMC Safari Lowrider

Started by CJ-IROCZ, May 13, 2008, 02:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ-IROCZ

Sorry Martyn

I picked up my new work vehicle today and its something that i will use for personal use as well. Either the camaro or the Safari had to go and i just cant sell the Camaro and the astro is harder to find storage for.

Everything is preaty much the same as when Martyn (F body ) had it, I suppose its not been kept as shiney as he kept it but its certainly not far off.

Martyn's description was very good so i'm going to keep the same wording but obviously i'll up date the pics.

I was never very happy with the repair done on the bumper so the vehicle is currently in the body shop having the bumper sanded back and resprayed for this reason i will not have pics until the weekend but you all know the van and below is a couple of pics i took a coouple of months ago.

1995 4.3 ( 262 cubic inch ) V6 four speed Automatic with only 56,000 ish miles on her.

Oil & filter change - Air filter - new plugs - new plug leads and distributor cap - Gearbox oil & filter change and diff oil changed.
In the last 6,000 miles she has had a new custom made dual exhaust

Underbody is solid with no major rust, body work is good but she does have a few minor "tesco" dings & dents . The paint isn't A1 and there are some small areas with slightly flacky paint but nothing major.

She flew threw the last MOT in August although I cant find the sodding ticket

The inside has four captains chairs and a three seat bench all in excellent condition, the interior carpet is in good nick although there are a few marks in keeping with the age of the vehicle.

It also has a face off single disc CD player fitted with eight speakers and alarm LED lights. I also recently had a Sterling immobiliser fitted (Cat 2)
Electric front windows, Cruise Control, electric mirrors , central door locking and rear privacy glass.

The aircon needs re-gassing, Its been like this since i brought it off Martyn and also there is slight slack in the steering, although this did not affect it passing the MOT, Martyn mentioned about the steering when i brought it and thought it may be the steering box although my mechanic isn't sure.  Its perfectly drivable and has never bothered me.

It will be sold with the personal Number Plate BIG 4 262 worth about £500 and the workshop manual, spare oil and air filter and loads of other bits which are scattered around my garage including a spare set of new rear shoes.

She averages 22mpg around town but can reach 26mpg with careful driving and has the large touring range plastic petrol tank giving over 400 miles between refills.

She drives superbly and the engine is silky smooth. It has honestly NEVER skipped a beat since i have owned her and  i know i'll regret selling her as soon as the new owner picks her up but something must go.

Looking for around £3900 ish which i think is a very good price for a lovely vehicle.

Pics to follow. Below is some taken a couple of months ago and a few that Martyn took

CJ-IROCZ

Oh and the rear door stays dont work properly

CJ-IROCZ

What do you reckon to putting her on Ebay ??

F Body

Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
Sorry Martyn

and i know i'll regret selling her as soon as the new owner picks her up

Yes I still do

CJ-IROCZ

Cant keep them all though mate, the wife says so

Tempted to just pop her on ebay and see how she goes ?

How much does ebay cost nowadays ??

Flip Martian

I'd be sorely tempted to have it as a daily/lugabout but with my mortgage almost doubling recently, 'tis out of the question. 12 months ago I'd have deffo had it off you...

ianjpage

Fieldy

Quoting: F Body
Yes I still do

It's for sale, have it

Gator

glad you are keeping the maro coz you would of been unbearable when you realised your mistake

Roadkill

How much does ebay cost nowadays ??

It cost me £8 to list the Eldo, £4 for the reserve . . . . . Final fee was another £20 (It sold for £870).

Cunning Plan

So tempting.

But I cant run something with MPG that low right now, going through 600 quids worth of fuel as it is..
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Fieldy

Quoting: Cunning Plan
But I cant run something with MPG that low right now

I was under the impression these vans get 30MPG.....

EDGE

F Body

Quoting: Fieldy

Not with the wheel size reduced to 15"

We averaged around the 26mpg mark

CJ-IROCZ

Me too I was amazed how much i got.

CJ-IROCZ

Quoting: Gator
glad you are keeping the maro coz you would of been unbearable when you realised your mistake

Your right. I've just got to try and find somewhere to keep it now  

CJ-IROCZ

art b

hello mate
would you consider a swap with a mk4 turnip masher,with remote controller, one owner and full service history..
[im not far from you, im in stroud..]
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

CJ-IROCZ

Give me details and i'll consider it

art b

Give me details and i'll consider it

its the rare side feeder, in green,with corer and juice collector,
top of the range with all possible extras... inc the operators vibrating seat...
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Fieldy

hell no

CJ-IROCZ

Quoting: philoldsmobile
hell no

On a run they can

Gator

Quoting: art b
hello mate
would you consider a swap with a mk4 turnip masher,with remote controller, one owner and full service history..
[im not far from you, im in stroud..]

heh heh sod that ill keep the turnip masher

Fieldy

Can't complain at that....

Quoting: philoldsmobile
hell no

I know the astro V6's get 30 on A run, but I never realized this ones wheels etc were so influential (mind, 4mpg is hardly too much...)

CJ-IROCZ

Fieldy I have averaged 27 / 28 mpg on a 60 mile trip. I was doing around 55 mph, so its not that far off 30 as you say