60 Million & counting.

Started by F Body, May 23, 2008, 07:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

Fifty years ago, Honda knocked out just 24,000 of the ground breaking mopeds, but last year factories around the world built a whopping 4.7 million of the little blighters and now the 60 millionth Cub has rolled off one of Honda's multiple production lines ( excluding all the Chinese copies ).

To put things in perspective, 35 million Corollas have been sold to date, 30 million F-Series trucks have left Ford dealers and VW sold a paltry 21.5 million original Beetles.

How many of those 60 million Cubs are still putting along is anyone's guess

This is the vehicle that the most humans have owned

EDGE

still looks shite though !

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Big Mouse

mopeds are like fat birds - fun to ride but you don't want your mates to see you on one of 'em

ianjpage

Roadkill

I thought this thread was gonna be about immigrants in the country . . .

Big Mouse

another couple of years and it could be though

art b

Quoting: Roadkill
I thought this thread was gonna be about immigrants in the country

nah no ones counting....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Gator

good grief might as well have a thread about the number of toasters sold

F Body

Quoting: Gator
good grief might as well have a thread about the number of fat birds

Cake anyone

philoldsmobile

probably the most important vehicle in the world....

Fieldy

I've never owned one, and none of my mates have, I think you'll find they are mainly in just one country, making it not so much 'important', but good for tht current state.......

philoldsmobile

dont think yer seeing the bigger picture dude...

any developing country, and i mean ANY uses the cub as its primary mode of private transport.

many aisian countries such as Thailand, and Sri Lanka depend on them, as do Vietnam, Chillie and most other south American nations..

Roadkill

So it's a Commie bike, eh ?

philoldsmobile

in so far as its the most reliable transport most commie countries can afford  (excluding the former soviet countries who had an entire wealth of soviet machinery.)