anyone know what this is worth (Andy)

Started by Gator, June 21, 2008, 06:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HardRockCamaro

I'd take gloss black over matt black any day...

55starchief

Sorry it was the FBomb camaro the crusher was another of frieburgs car collection but here it is

Motorama

so anyway Gator, you buying that truck or are you gonna pass the number to me

Motorama

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Sorry it was the FBomb camaro the crusher was another of frieburgs car collection but here it is

But is that matt or suede or satin

F Body

Quoting: CJ-IROCZ

Quoting: 55starchief
the crusher camaro as featured in hotrod was matt green and looked a lot better

got a pic ?

An awesome car

http://www.mkb.cc/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=1&topic=6673&page=0\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.mkb.cc/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=1&topic=6673&page=0

Sorry too late

55starchief

Quoting: Motorama
But is that matt or suede or satin

its matt powder coat

Gator

Quoting: Motorama
so anyway Gator, you buying that truck or are you gonna pass the number to me

most likely pass it on to you give me a few days

er indoors has put her foot down

Motorama

Quoting: Gator
er indoors has put her foot down

Gator

i like mat and satin black but agree with Andy its been done a bit too often and gets used on so many cars as a cheap easy paint job

i would do that van in a 50s powder blue or yellow and do a whole tasteful luxury interior

nick69

My cars got satin black on it. i like it tbh.

Each to our own though. I did spray a moggy satin orange last week, look awsome!!!

Gator

yep but yours is a scheme with creme not a rat rod type look

nick69

Yeah the 'Dog' was the matt black crap look but I think it suited it as the whole car wasnt much better or should I say didnt deserve better

Gator

still might do the bullnose satin black

art b

looks quite different, sort of strange things i would buy....
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

philoldsmobile

Quoting: EDGE
i unno dude, thats exactly halfway between really cool and f**king hideous...

i dont know what to make of it....

the latter.... fugly as hell

Motorama

you just need a bit of vision

a picture i took at Wheelsday this year, still dont like the matt paint though

Roadkill

Matt black doesn't have to mean rough as rats rattle can job, although i know it usually does

Oi !

Chris' Duster looked fine in Rattle-can Matt Black . . kinda suited it, I thought.

That said Matt Black is over-done, I agree . . . I personally do like matt (dark) purple.

Incursus

Quoting: F Body
Apart from the fact that most think :

A / Your skint & can't afford proper paint.

Thats the reason mines matt black, also it doesn't show up the imperfection in the body quite as much.

Plus it looks cool

Flip Martian

Car paint is called car paint for a reason...

Dulux matt emulsion for your walls and ceilings is called that for a reason too.

CJ-IROCZ

Quoting: Roadkill
Oi !

and you point is ??

I'm not saying i dislike rattle can Matt black just that it can be done profesionally as well

art b

that black un at wheels day is ...

Roadkill

I'm not saying i dislike rattle can Matt black just that it can be done profesionally as well

I know.  

It is a cheap alternative to shiny paint but sometimes going Matt Black is also the sensible option, too.

If I ran a Hot Rod as a daily (or near-daily) I'd have it matt black simply because, unfortunately, it would only be a matter of time before it got dinked at the local Tesco's.

Matt black is easy to touch up and spray over . . . If you'd just shelled out £4000 on a shiny paint job and that had happened you'd be livid !

nick69

Top quality satin paint isnt that cheap you know!!!

CJ-IROCZ

Quoting: Roadkill
If I ran a Hot Rod as a daily (or near-daily) I'd have it matt black simply because, unfortunately, it would only be a matter of time before it got dinked at the local Tesco's.

Too true. I was speaking to a friend of mine who has just has his mach 1 sprayed, he isscared sh!tless that something will happen to it so he doesn't drive it anywhere near as much as he used to.

Satin or matt black. It doesn't matter to me they both look awesome

art b

the matt black, "turnip co" van  
suits you steve