Started by Gator, June 21, 2008, 06:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gator

coz i want it bad and i think its a friggin bargain

rebuilt straight 6 atm new brakes ect just need finishing

someone buy my camaro any reasonable offer considered

nick69

Looks like an early 60s, late 50s F100 Panel Van

Dont know anything about em but id probably say around £6k.

Its very cool though.

EDGE

i unno dude, thats exactly halfway between really cool and f**king hideous...

i dont know what to make of it....

Flip Martian

Looks like a big Tonka truck to me... Doesn't really say "nice vintage beastie" to me... but each to their own.

EDGE

Incursus

Quoting: EDGE
i unno dude, thats exactly halfway between really cool and f**king hideous...

i dont know what to make of it....

nick69

put some decent wheels n tyres on there and refit the trim and its a gem.

Gator

its just the blue part of the colour that makes it look wrong imo it looks better when you see it for real but its well solid

its a 1959 f100

bloke says he will take 3k and maybe less if i waive cash at him which i think is a steal

55starchief

Yup its cool, infact i say its sub zero. tub it out with some big ass M/T's and drop in a nice V8 ford of course because sticking any thing else in would be a sin, i have seen enough fords with cheby motors in them

F Body

The shape is well cool, pity about the choice of colours #

Less than 3k would be a steal providing the engine & chassis are OK

Gator

Quoting: 55starchief
Yup its cool, infact i say its sub zero. tub it out with some big ass M/T's and drop in a nice V8 ford of course because sticking any thing else in would be a sin, i have seen enough fords with cheby motors in them

it would be a sin to hack it to bits to fit Thomsons, have you no shame

Quoting: F Body

The shape is well cool, pity about the choice of colours #

Less than 3k would be a steal providing the engine & chassis are OK

engine so say rebuilt needs rad and starter fitting, had a look underneath and it looks pukka

might be worth a dirty clothes inspection

55starchief

Quoting: Gator
it would be a sin to hack it to bits to fit Thomsons, have you no shame

No it wouldnt if it was done with sympathy, there is nothing wrong with customising a car or truck as long as it is done subtle.

Just ask dean, we see a chevy sedan bus at the hot rod nats last year, it looked totaly original until as we walked past something shiny caught our eye. On clser inspection it was a strange axle and further inspection showed a total sleeper as it was on a tubular chassis with air ride and a 4 link ass end.

this is another fine example of what i mean

http://www.mkb.cc/gallery/albums/Graeme/speedway%20mueum/IMG_0636.JPG\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\"> [img]http://www.mkb.cc/gallery/albums/Graeme/speedway%20mueum/IMG_0636.JPG\" border=\"0\"  alt=\"\" width=150>

On the utside it looks like an old truck, but look under it and there is a heidts chassis, air ride and a lot of other cool stuff, this truck ran one of the quickest times in the autocross, i think it actualy ran a quicker time than the aerial atom but that could have been down to driver

CJ-IROCZ

Love it steve.

Matt black and some nice rims

Gator

nope its a cool van and atm if i did that it would be an expensive useless devalued van

not everything has to be supertuned and tubbed and be quick

Gator

Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
Love it steve.

Matt black and some nice rims

and some red sign writing it was rat rodded before current owner

Cunning Plan

this is another fine example of what i mean

Ratlook / ratrod
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Motorama

I would say it's cheap at that. If it's solid and doesnt need too much work it's a whole load of fun and a practical vehicle. I wouldnt buy it expecting to make money though, those later year F100 are an aquired taste and really nice ones struggle to make good money.

I would say buy it, have fun with it, sell it and get your money back when you're done!

Dont paint it rattle can matt black though, it's been done to death and is boring. I would age the paint on it and add some period speedshop writing or something, maybe lower it a little, paint the wheels a darker colour or find some steels.

CJ-IROCZ

Quoting: Motorama
it's been done to death and is boring

Pah

Nowt wrong with matt black

F Body

Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
Pah

Nowt wrong with matt black

Apart from the fact that most think :

A / Your skint & can't afford proper paint.

B/ You don't know how to paint properly.

Motorama

I dont get why people think if you take an old car and paint it matt black it becomes a hot rod!

It just becomes an old car thats been painted matt black and now looks worth less than it did before!

CJ-IROCZ

Who mentioned Hotrod

Quoting: F Body
Apart from the fact that most think :

A / Your skint & can't afford proper paint.

B/ You don't know how to paint properly

Not when its done right

55starchief

but that car would look as good, if not better in gloss, unless it's not straight enough!

Matt black is actualy harder to get wrong if the car isnt straight, i must admit i am tired of just matt black, the crusher camaro as featured in hotrod was matt green and looked a lot better, i keep saying to dean he should do his 3rd gen matt red

CJ-IROCZ

but that car would look as good, if not better in gloss, unless it's not straight enough

Not for me it wouldn't, the red one is lovely though. I like matt black because it usually makes the car look a whole lot meaner.

Matt black doesn't have to mean rough as rats rattle can job, although i know it usually does

CJ-IROCZ

the crusher camaro as featured in hotrod was matt green and looked a lot better

got a pic ?