GMML Vehicle Show Results.

Started by F Body, June 28, 2008, 04:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

F Body

First of all a big thank you to everyone who made the trip down to visit the General Motors Maufacturing Luton plant

The weather was great and the crowds came out

Not all the vehicles turned up but we had a good selection, please accept my apologies to both Rob & Art, yet again I put my finger over the lens of two pictures and one was Rob's Trans Am & Art's Pissan Hopefully Ian has pictures he can post ?

It was really hard doing the judging and a big thanks to Ian for helping

I'm fairly sure Shifty will have his test in the bag before October after arriving on PhilO's Beatch

PhilO's Top Gun Kwacker.

Best Basket Case :

HRC's Pimp Mobile.

Best Other :

As voted for by the vehicle show entrants Best in Show

Best paint :

Best Custom ( hard to see the Porsche Turbo wheels & brakes etc, a bit of a sleeper ).

Best Interior :

Best Bike :

Best Classic 1957 Vauxhall Velox :

Best Engine ( and half a finger )  :

Even if you didn't win anything I hope you all enjoyed your day at GMML and may be we'll do something bigger next year

Flip Martian

Some lovely cars there. Glad plenty of people came and the weather held up.

Rob

Quoting: F Body
First of all a big thank you to everyone who made the trip down to Luton this morning

Many congratulations should go to you Martyn, for a great day out.  

my apologies to both Rob & Art, yet again I put my finger over the lens of two pictures and one was Rob's Trans Am & Art's Pissan

forgiven........

art b

twas a nice visit, had a good look around the mahooosive plant,

well done martini for all ya hard work in organising the car show side of it,
paul swift was impesssive in the vrx cars and the evo...
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

philoldsmobile

yup, really good day out.

i don't doubt for a moment that shifty will breeze the test - for his first proper ride out on the public road (away from the CBT) i must say it looked impressivley natural. all the building blocks are there, and its not going to take a lot of miles for everything to be second nature,  i'm sure a test pass will be in the bag!

ianjpage

Hopefully Ian has pictures he can post ?

It was really hard doing the judging and a big thanks to Ian for helping  

Yeah indeed i have - off to bed now as really knackered but will post em up tomororw!!

No probs mate, glad to be of assistance!!

Indeed was a really good day out, very interesting to wander round sections of the plant and see the various stages of van's.....

Really good turn out it seemed - always lots of people milling about and looking around the cars / bilkes / other

Lets hope that something similar is planned for next year!!

art b

have a few pics to post too.....

FUBAR

Yeah today was excellent, and very interesting to see all the stuff going on, we spotted a few of Martyn's "Shell Ferrari killing scenarios" equipment too

And I won a cool trophy
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

F Body

yet again I put my finger over the lens of two pictures

I should explain that I've broken the LCD screen on the back of my pocket digital camera, so I have to look through a tiny tiny view finder to see the picture. This means that it is all too easy to get a digit into the field of view

I'm in the market for a new one, just gotta find the time to buy the right one

Quoting: art b
had a good look around the mahooosive plant

Hence the reason it's a mahossive job and I'm back in the plant this morning

Although it's actually one of GM's smallest plants, Ellesmere Port for example is nearly double the size

Glad you had a good day, final count of the number of people who attended is +3,279

Gator

looks like an ace day well done all involved

art b

This means that it is all too easy to get a digit into the field of view  

I'm in the market for a new one, just gotta find the time to buy the right one  

we could cut ya digit off......

ianjpage

F Body

Quoting: ianjpage
Pics are in teh gallery

Thanks Ian

Best in Show Boy and remember that I didn't vote because I was judging

http://mkb.cc/gallery/albums/GMML%20Show%20Jun%2008/GMML_Show_Jun_08_Pic_035.jpg\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\"> [img]http://mkb.cc/gallery/albums/GMML%20Show%20Jun%2008/GMML_Show_Jun_08_Pic_035.jpg\" border=\"0\"  alt=\"\" width=150>

F Body

art b

non official pics....

24 ton of steel

some floating engines

part constructed van....