oh no, i've defected even more.....

Started by philoldsmobile, June 29, 2008, 04:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

i've bought a mac....

yup, after much deliberation, i've bought a mac mini, mighty mouse, and mac keyboard.

very happy.

55starchief

LOL welcome along mate, The mini isnt bad, the cooling fan can be a little loud though other than that i cant fault mine, am using it now to stream music whilst im surfing on the macbook pro

HardRockCamaro

Wahey!

Nice one mate!

Welcome to enjoyable, (mostly) trouble free computing...

F Body

Well done............................

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

HardRockCamaro

"I sense a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of viruses cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced...  I think something wonderful has happened!"

F Body

General Tagge : What of the Rebellion? If the Rebels have obtained a complete technical reading with this Mac, it is possible, however unlikely, they might find a weakness and exploit it.

Darth Vader : The plans you refer to will soon be back in our hands.

Admiral Motti : Any attack made by the Rebels against this station would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they have obtained. This computer is now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest we use it.
Darth Vader : Don't be too proud of this technological Mac you've purchased. It's ability is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

HardRockCamaro

EDGE

you tart....

aim that at whoever you want.....

Fieldy

One of the best moves I have done..... don't miss the Dell on windows for A second....

55starchief

Quick lads if we all gang up we can over throw the PC users

Gator

who the feck uses a pc nowadays ? aint they heard of computers that work

EDGE

i quite like my 24' iMac, but i have to run windows vista on it for work... come 5pm it gets rebooted in to osx though....

HardRockCamaro

Obi Wan:  Windows can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

Princess Leia: Aren't you a little short for a computer?

PhilO: Got it! I got it!
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

[Points to PC Tower]  "Look at the *size* of that thing! "

PC User: I got a problem here.
Mac User: Eject!
PC User: I can hold it.
Mac User: Pull the plug!
PC User: No, I'm all right... ahhh!
[PC Users psu explodes in a ball of fire]

"I find your lack of games disturbing."

Gator

HardRockCamaro

FUBAR

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

philoldsmobile

hmmmm... probably predictable, but......

thought hmm.. wonder what i'll have to do to watch a dvd... guess what? insert a dvd and it just works, no downloading codecs, no screwing about with settings, it just does it

Fieldy

Quoting: philoldsmobile

thought hmm.. wonder what i'll have to do to watch a dvd... guess what? insert a dvd and it just works, no downloading codecs, no screwing about with settings, it just does it

And some how, after ejecting half way through, when you go to watch it next time, it remembers where you got too

Kenny

Quoting: philoldsmobile
ght hmm.. wonder what i'll have to do to watch a dvd... guess what? insert a dvd and it just works, no downloading codecs, no screwing about with settings, it just does it

wow apple's finally worked out how to play DVD's... wonder how long it'll take them to play bluray.

I hope it does more than that philo...

ianjpage

Fair play to you - is a nice looking case and really small footprint but i PERSONALLY much prefer using a PC, but if it wot you want then well done

Roadkill

Meh, I've now used a couple (three, actually) Macs and haven't been impressed in the slightest.

They look pretty, sure, but so do many PC-based machines, now.

The keyboards are good, but PC ones have vastly improved in the last couple of years.

I don't intend changing at the mo . . .

ianjpage

(oh and BTW deano - should be sorting out PC tonight hopefully!)

Cunning Plan

Macs for looks and portability, so laptops - that means browsing the net, downloading, music etc but NO GAMES, but who wants to play a game on a lappy?  (yup, pay the extra becuase they are better than PC based lappys for certian things)

PCs for everything else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

With Rocketdock and customising your settings away from the annoying M$ way, for example, using alot of open source programs, you CAN make a PC run well.....  

Whos up for a game of Crysis whilst alt-tabbing browsing the net and downloading a movie?  Just me Kenny and Ian then?  
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

Roadkill

Quoting: ianjpage
(oh and BTW deano - should be sorting out PC tonight hopefully!)

Roger that.