Got myself a new daily!

Started by yorkshirespud, July 02, 2008, 08:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yorkshirespud

MOT and car tax was due the start of this month on my daily (1994 XJ12 6.0 V12), and a fancied a change (though not too much of a change!), so I have acquired myself a new daily!

This time it's a '95 Jag XJR, ie a 325bhp 4.0 supercharged straight 6! Just got to tax it this week when I get the changed insurance through. It's done a whopping 68K miles, that's an average of just over 5000 miles a year! I'm also only the 3rd owner, and first owner had it for over 10 years. All the usual Jag refinements, in other words, lots of wood and leather. Amazing what you can get for under 4K these days!

I've already got my eye on easy subtle mods, such as a different diameter supercharger pulley to up the boost and power. I havven't got any pics of it yet (though it is outside my house, lazy, will do this week and post). It is very very similar to the library pic tho:

Edit: Pic of MY car!:

The supercharger does sound good! I know, I know, must finish the truck. Work seems to get in the way these days, and I'm going on hols next week too, Just not enough time ...

ianjpage

Roadkill

HardRockCamaro

Awesome !

Did we watch the repeat of Top Gear yesterday featuring these cars???

yorkshirespud

Quoting: HardRockCamaro

The one where Hammond recommends buying an early XJR (like I just have done)? I did see that, but I'd also done some research that all seems to say it' better to buy the straight 6 instead of a later V8, as the V8s are less reliable. Plus, the early X300s interiors are a hangover from the earlier XJ40s, which I prefer and think are more 'Jag'.

Mmmmm, supercharger

55starchief

Yup the early V8's had a problem with the blocks and the liners

EDGE

i love those xjr's they are f**king lovely.... you can't get a better interior than a jag either

Amey

Quoting: HardRockCamaro

Probably - I was watching it too

Looks a great car

Incursus

F Body

Quoting: EDGE
i love those xjr's they are f**king lovely....

In the right colour

The light metallic blue is

Mind you the deep red isn't too shabby either

art b

nice looking
supercharger too
This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

F Body

FUBAR

Thats cool, I like that, especially the supercharger bit
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

yorkshirespud

Quoting: F Body
In the right colour

The light metallic blue is

Have edited the pic to show MY car instead of a library pic, hope the same applies!

yorkshirespud

Quoting: Amey
Looks a great car

Edit: the real one now shown!

art b

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

Roadkill

I was eyeing up a XJ6 / XJR when I brought my 4th gen Camaro . . . . I wish I'd brought the Jag, now, as the 4th gen was a P.O.S to drive.

I still fancy another Jag, though.

F Body

Quoting: Roadkill
I wish I'd brought the Jag, now, as the 4th gen was a P.O.S to drive.

Say's the 3rd Gen owner

NB : The 4th Gen is really just a tarted up 3rd Gen, it uses most of the same structure

F Body Rule No.17

If you want a drivers car don't buy a Yank !

Roadkill

The 4th Gen is really just a tarted up 3rd Gen, it uses most of the same structure

It's all the added  crap that's the problem.

The third gen is a FAR superior drive compared to ANY fourth gen I've driven.

I originally preferred the 4th gen, but having had both It's obvious how strongly I feel about them.

Third gens are still not pretty, though.

Roadkill

If you want a drivers car don't buy a Yank !

I disagree, there.

The fourth gen was poor, twitchy, unresponsive and distant.

The third gen is the complete opposite.

HardRockCamaro

Interesting.  I'v never actually driven a 4th gen but I have heard many people comment on the fact a 3rd gen drives better.
Yes they're basically the same, and in theory the 4th gen has better front suspension.  However in practice the IROC changes direction faster and can pull higher g's.

Go figure...

4th gens look expensive and still look pretty mean, but you can't beat the look of the IROC imho...  From certain angles it doesn't look as good (the 4th gen looks better from dead straight on) but it's styling is classic, wheres the 4th gen is more forgettable.  Could be a jap coupe...

EDGE

i think the 4th gen handles surprisingly well for.  The v6 is farly fast too.. sounds daft but it is, unless the 3.4 in mine's just hammered and a little 'loose''

Fieldy

unless the 3.4 in mine's just hammered and a little 'loose''

We think that car has had some tinkling though

EDGE

hmmm... im going for hammered and loose still.....

Fieldy

hmmm... im going for hammered and loose still.....

meh, quite possibly, it would make sense....

just like the woman who are the most fun too I guess.....