idle missfire

Started by CJ-IROCZ, July 07, 2008, 04:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJ-IROCZ

Vacuum seams fine.

compression is bang on.

Plugs renewed with NGK's

Leads brand new.

If the IAC was shot would that send the revs be up and down ?? i have alreadt re-set it.

As I thought this one might be a pain. It drives perfectly and its only when its on idle it misfires every now and again,  

I'm thinking about replacing the IAC

More suggestions please

FUBAR

Is it always or only when its warmed up?  As my old camaro (in amongst its other problems) had a low revs misfire when the engine was warm the  nackered Coil got heat-soaked and refused to work.  Replaced it and it was fixed.
It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

CJ-IROCZ

no it does it from cold really .

Just about the check the ohm readings from the injectors

CJ-IROCZ

Ohms testing showed that all the injectors are fine electrically. Abviuosly there could be a blockage problem still that wouldn't show up but I dont think its that due to it being so irregular.

I'm going to pull the dizzy on monday and see what thats like.

Gator

coil or dizzy gotta be

CJ-IROCZ

dont think its the coil as it would/ should get worse under load where as mine gets better on higher revs.

Its definately worse this morning, misfiring like a bastard. I reckon dizzy , like Steve said. Its being whipped out today to check.

I'll keep you posted

Roadkill

Sounds like a dizzy.  

When the dizzy in my cavvy went it was worse when it was damp.

It finally gave up when there was snow on the ground . . . I had to push that fecker about 300 yards off of the main road.

CJ-IROCZ

Quoting: Roadkill
had to push that fecker about 300 yards off of the main road.

Sounds like fun.

I just want to find the culprit now, its really p!ssing me off

Gator

they tend to look alright with the cap off but when you pull the little bleeder out the base falls to bits

Roadkill

Quoting: Gator
they tend to look alright with the cap off but when you pull the little bleeder out the base falls to bits

Yup, mine was O.K looking til I got it out of the block and it rattled.

CJ-IROCZ

pulled the dizzy out tonight and its shot, thanks to Steve for the help

I'll order one tomorrow and fit it wednesday night, I'll let you know how it goes

Roadkill

Good news . . not a cheap fix but at least you know what's the issue.

CJ-IROCZ

yep

Actually suprised how cheap they can be bought from the states

CJ-IROCZ

Its not the F***CKING dizzy

I'm seriously getting pissed off with this car and might offload it on the cheap

Fitted the new dizzy, set the timing and its still the same, just a poxy little misfire that crops up every now and then

AAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sixpack2639

When did you last run some injector cleaner through it???? Sounds like a dirty injector to me.

a91_formula

I 'm having exactly the same problem - changed spark plugs, wires, checked coil packs, modulator, chucked some injector cleaner through - no difference  Just ordered some O2 sensors from the States yesterday as they are 70 quid over here and i've just paid 40 quid including shipping, so fingers crossed this sorts my problem out - all I wanna do is sell her to get my pick-up!!
1998 Fiero GT (my toy)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (Hubbys new toy!)

http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk

Gator

Quoting: CJ-IROCZ
Its not the F***CKING dizzy

I'm seriously getting pissed off with this car and might offload it on the cheap  

Fitted the new dizzy, set the timing and its still the same, just a poxy little misfire that crops up every now and then

AAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

bloody modern engines but we do know the dizzy was fecked so it needed sorting

as said time for ome injector cleaner if you aint done it already

CJ-IROCZ

Yep okay, I'll get some today

Gator

some defcon 4 driving might clear it out as well

Fieldy

Got same prob mate, only when engine is cold, slight misfire at idle.... tried and changed everything  

Gator

Quoting: Fieldy

Got same prob mate, only when engine is cold, slight misfire at idle.... tried and changed everything  

timing ?

CJ-IROCZ

well my car runs lovely with the EST lead unplugged and timing set at 6degrees BTDC but as sonn as you plug the EST wire back in it runs bad again. I did however set the timing with the car in park and according to my bonnect sticker it should be done in drive ?

Fieldy

Quoting: Gator
timing ?

Never crossed my mind

I think it's a government conspiracy, where the fuel f*cks with bigger engined cars, forcing you to not drive them and buy little diesel motors..... Tis a conspiracy i tell ya!!

Fieldy

Admin -

The word 'F*ck' went through the swear filter....

Roadkill

Quoting: Fieldy
The word 'F*ck' went through the swear filter....

I just ran a control check - seems "F*ck" and "C*nt" get starred.

All the rest make it through.

That said I don't think we're too hot on modding and restricting here.

Just keep in mind that you're on open forum and be reasonsible for your posting !