new wheels for the Alfa?

Started by philoldsmobile, July 15, 2008, 06:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

Quoting: EDGE
order the wheels......

order the wheels..........

was that subtle enough....

we'll see how things are at the end of the month... very tempting..

Fieldy

looks like its chewing a nettle

55starchief

Dude, those zender pieces have a tendency to be junk, they don't fit well and are usually quite thin and bendy

art b

Quoting: 55starchief
Dude, those alfas have a tendency to be junk, they don't fit together well and are usually quite thin and bendy

This forum needs, ''YOU'' posting,Not just reading ! :moon:

philoldsmobile

novitec do very similar items.

zender stuff is bloody expensive.

F Body

Quoting: Incursus
The wheels on that last one are cool

No there are too chav

The rear Zender skirt is terrible, although it may look better in dark blue because in silver it looks like it's stuck on with sellotape

order the wheels......

order the wheels..........

was that subtle enough....

philoldsmobile

novitec front spoiler now orderd...

HardRockCamaro

Rather like the Zender kit myself...

I was always under the impression Zender stuff was meant to be good, it certainly ain't cheap iirc...

philoldsmobile

zender stuff is bloody expensive.. perhaps their cheaper range of suff may not be so good, but the official licensed alfa romeo stuff is extremely good

no idea how good the novitec stuff is, guess i'll find out soon...

philoldsmobile

well, novitec stuff has arrived, and a trial fit completed. its pretty good quality, (fibreglas) after three hours of fandangleing, its about as good a fit as i can get it, but to be fair, its much better than the chav spoilers you see, the largest deveation away from the bumper is where it comes around just by the fog lights, where a gap of about  1.5 - 2mm stubbornly refuses to close up.  the adhiesive supplied is like a thick black resin stuff, that is designed to bridge gaps of up to 5mm!!!!

yeah, i'm happy! like i said, considering its a about 50% cheaper than the zender, its a decent piece of kit.

paint is hardening as we speak, and will be giving it some more tomorrow as its still a little thin...

Fieldy

thought this was about wheels?!

Off Topics FTW!

Pics dude.... ?

F Body

Quoting: Fieldy
Pics dude.... ?

HardRockCamaro

Quoting: philoldsmobile
novitec stuff has arrived, and a trial fit completed. its pretty good quality, (fibreglas) after three hours of fandangleing, its about as good a fit as i can get it, but to be fair, its much better than the chav spoilers you see

Fiberglass kits are universally bad fitting.
The good stuff is made of pu-rim.
ie plastic.

philoldsmobile

i reckon i can get it to fit damn near perfect, i've got to repaint it anyway (didn't buy enough paint) so i'm gonna tweak it tomorrow, i think i know where its not right.

i agree fiberglass is not typically good fitting, but this does seem very good - the section where it sits around the lower air intake and front fog lights was pretty much 100% right off the bat..

fiberglass definitely needs a lot more work than the plastic kits, but if you persevere, it gives a very solid part.

FUBAR

Quoting: philoldsmobile
thick black resin stuff

i've got tubes of that stuff!!! its called 3M weatherstrip adhesive

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
pu-rim

Eeewww I don't wanna know about your pu-rim

It's the time that we kill that keeps us alive...

philoldsmobile

ultra crappy mobile phone pic taken from an odd angle.... obviously its being painted body colour..

CJ-IROCZ

I like

It would be nice to photoshop a pic at the same angle of the car before body kit and then after

philoldsmobile

the photo really doesn't do it justice, it really gives the front of the car something, will have some better pics by the weekend...