project mustang engine swap..

Started by philoldsmobile, August 10, 2008, 11:25:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philoldsmobile

went to see the mustang at Rapid GB today, and to say it was an utter disgrace is an understatment.

as well as being filthy, its clearly not moved since he's had it, and various areas of corrosion were evident, its going to take some work to get it back up to standard after the engine swap is done.

this brings us to the main point, the engine swap.

the desision has been taken to do the swap ourselves, we are likely looking at about 4 - 5 weeks time (prob the weekend of 13 - 14th sept) maybe at cassa de roadkill..

if you think you may be available to lend a hand, please let me know!

Fieldy

would love to help in any way i can, if i can

Titsy

Quoting: philoldsmobile
as well as being filthy, its clearly not moved since he's had it, and various areas of corrosion were evident, its going to take some work to get it back up to standard after the engine swap is done.

I hope you're being compensated...

if you think you may be available to lend a hand, please let me know!

Count me in...

philoldsmobile

thanks guys..

there was over 2 months tax left when he had it..

CJ-IROCZ

philoldsmobile

the company is Rapid GB in wellingboroughi have phoned them now a total of 6 or 7 times, and it is impossible to get hold of the guy, i just get fobbed off by the receptionist that he's either "too bust to speak" or "not here"

http://www.rapid-gb.co.uk\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">www.rapid-gb.co.uk

don not use them....

Rocky

Were these the people you recommended before?

Titsy

philoldsmobile

Quoting: Rocky
Were these the people you recommended before?

they were recommended to me.....

HardRockCamaro

If that was my IROC I'd be *pissed*.

Looks like they vandalised the Renault 5 in the window reflection too...

philoldsmobile

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
If that was my IROC I'd be *pissed*.

lets just say i'm not exactly dancing on daises about it.....

F Body

if you think you may be available to lend a hand, please let me know

Should be available

philoldsmobile

Cunning Plan

Loads of these people about unfortuantly, its best just doing everything yourself
1968 VW T2 Bay Bus (currently being restored and upgraded)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (modern classic daily driver)

philoldsmobile

people like to take the pi$$ about the alfa, but at least when it breaks you can actually get it fixed....

the yank car garages need to lean some customer service, because the way you get treated by them is disgusting...

philoldsmobile

hehehehe, he has some vids on youtube.. could someone comment "how long did that take?" on this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIAzfjuYUfI\" target=\"_blank\" rel=\"nofollow\">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIAzfjuYUfI

Fieldy

hehehehe, he has some vids on youtube.. could someone comment "how long did that take?" on this one?

Dude, pretty sure you can just see your 'stang in the corner at the beginning.... Oh wait, it might just be part of the furniture, sorry

HardRockCamaro

Phil:  Bear in mind that people who have posted vids on youtube can now see the url's of sites that are linking to their vids...

ianjpage

Incursus

If i'm its before the 22nd i'm in.

Might be useful to have my car there so we can check where the "leftover bits" go  for example the bar thing you have across the struts isn't required, don't worry i'll get rid of it for you

Roadkill

Quoting: HardRockCamaro
Looks like they vandalised the Renault 5 in the window reflection too...

Actually it was a very serious piece of kit, looking at it.

Quoting: Incursus
bar thing you have across the struts isn't required, don't worry i'll get rid of it for you

I suggested that you trade your current headlights for it when you get you new ones . . . .

PhilO.

Of course I'll lend a hand - I've offered use of Castle Roadkill as I'm guessing I have a larger collection of tools here plus more space should the project take a little longer than anticipated.

I think you'll be first to try out my new engine stand, too.

Incursus

Quoting: Roadkill
I suggested that you trade your current headlights for it when you get you new ones . . . .

Not sure they would suit a silver car...

ianjpage

i think they would be a massive improvement over the current, VERY yellow and misted up ones!!!

Roadkill

Quoting: Incursus
Not sure they would suit a silver car...

T'was just an idea . . .